a few quick videos of the FX8

jb70

Experienced
i shot a few quick videos of the FX8 as i was programming a few new patches. these aren't meant to be proper demos- just some quickies that i shot for a friend of mine. please ignore the sloppy playing. i was holding my iPhone in between my knees as i was filming. LOL :D i will do a few real demos in the next few weeks once all of my guitar students leave for vacation

thanks guys! i should add that i'm using the FX8 straight into my redplate blackloop 1x12 which is set totally clean

Are you able to get some 80's metal sounds(Scorpions, VH, Ratt, Fastway) from the FX8 drives on the clean channel, or do you need to be on your dirty channel? I'll be running it with a Splawn Nitro, QR, and SUHR PT-100.

Awesome chops ....really dig the funk stuff...maybe we could see a video of you playing as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you able to get some 80's metal sounds(Scorpions, VH, Ratt, Fastway) from the FX8 drives on the clean channel, or do you need to be on your dirty channel? I'll be running it with a Splawn Nitro, QR, and SUHR PT-100.

you can definitely get those tones. your best bet would be either the rukus, the shredmaster, or one of the rat pedals and then goose the front end of that drive block with something like the esoteric RCB. i'll try to do a real demo when i have a little more time

Which drive model are you using the last clip?

the last clip was actually 2 pedals together. it was the esoteric rcb (clean boost) with the drive at 3.00 into the fat rat with the drive set super low (0.30). the esoteric RCB is fantastic as a boost in front of another pedal

The Redplate sounds great

thanks bluesrock! yeah, henry's amps are ridiculous. i've had this amp for 3 1/2 years and it's the only amp i've owned in that time (other than a little roland practice amp). it's 40 watts, loaded with a WGS retro 30 and only weighs 35 lbs. the cool thing about most of his amps is that they have a 6 position "mode" dial. if it's all the way to the left, it takes some of the mids out and you can add more mids each time you turn it to the right. far right will get you into dumble territory- very fat and warm tones while far left is blackface fender territory- perfect for funk and r&b music

you can definitely get those tones. your best bet would be either the rukus, the shredmaster, or one of the rat pedals and then goose the front end of that drive block with something like the esoteric RCB. i'll try to do a real demo when i have a little more time

Appreciate the info. I should be getting my invite within a couple days now...

I actually dialed some of my presets through the Quickrod... I used the RC Booster on crunch as it offered a little more push with out making it gnarly... the TS and BB? RC work well on the clean channel.

The FX loop on the Splawn works very well!

Jb70 i really dig your R&B Rhythm chops- very NYC!!

Back
Top Bottom