A few newbie questions

Intheband

Inspired
Hello all!
Just a few quick questions as I get acquainted with the system. I went to Axe Edit and created a Test preset layout. I opened up a series of empty blocks from input to output and connected them with cables. I then selected the first box and opened up an Amp for that box. When I did, it also opened up a whole host of other grey boxes of effects and some active effects across the layout page on the second line. I did not request these items. Only the amp. Why did all these other things show up? Also, after looking through the selected Amp options, why are there speaker options for the amp? I thought that would be in the cab options? Also, after looking at cab options, I didn't see anything for mic placement. I thought we could adjust this peraminter!
Thanks.

the speaker page In the amp block is so you can adjust(manipulate) the effect speaker load has on a real amp. as far as mic settings, which fractal unit are you referring to? not sure at all about your first question(test preset layout?).

Speaker load, Ok, thats a new one. I'm just into preamps and amps, then cabs and mic placement. lol. Yeah, mic placement. I use Logic X. When you select a cab, you can open it up. It actually shows a cab model and a mic in front of it. You can manipulate the mic all around the cab (cone).

Speaker load, Ok, thats a new one. I'm just into preamps and amps, then cabs and mic placement. lol. Yeah, mic placement. I use Logic X. When you select a cab, you can open it up. It actually shows a cab model and a mic in front of it. You can manipulate the mic all around the cab (cone).
real tube amps react to the speaker load in which it is connected, in the axe fx there is no way for it to know what cab IR you are using, and there is no speaker load, so this page is so you can adjust the effect of speaker load on the amp. mic selection in the cab block was just basically EQ adjustment. Now adays most IR's are shot with a specific mic(not a reference mic). you would need to change the IR to stay as close to the real thing as possible with a modeler

Hello all!
Just a few quick questions as I get acquainted with the system. I went to Axe Edit and created a Test preset layout. I opened up a series of empty blocks from input to output and connected them with cables. I then selected the first box and opened up an Amp for that box. When I did, it also opened up a whole host of other grey boxes of effects and some active effects across the layout page on the second line. I did not request these items. Only the amp. Why did all these other things show up?
Adding an Amp block doesn't automatically add other effects. Somehow, you managed to load a preset that was already stored in the Axe. When you create a new preset, be sure to SAVE it before you pull up anything else. :)

Back
Top Bottom