A few II > XL+ migration questions

Gregmang

Fractal Fanatic
I must admit the summer special as well as the huge amount of IRs I've purchased in an almost Pavlonian Dog manner have made me come within a second of buying an XL+.

But some questions that you guys might be able to help me with.

1. I know I can xfer all 3 banks of my presets from my II to the XL+ (I assume using Fractal Bot to save to computer and then the reverse process to the XL+) as well as my user cabs but do I have to manually go into each preset once loaded into the XL+ and tell it where I put each user cab ? I thought I read there was a way to do it utilizing an offset (I don't recall the offset number) so that the reinstated presets would correctly point to the reinstated user cabs.

2. User cabs. When I've loaded IRs into my II typically (be it OH, TAF or Fractal Packs) there are folders for the II, XL and (I think) XL+. Since I will be loading the user cabs to the XL+ that were previously installed in my II do I need to go back to each of my install folders and replace all the installed II with XL+ versions ? Do II user cabs even work in an XL+ ?

Just trying to formulate my own roadmap/migration path.

Thx everybody !

What I did was save write down my FX II MK2 presets with what cabs I used. But then there were only around 20 max patches I use so it wasn't hard to migrate into the XL+ for me. The rest is experimentation and quest for tone stuff .:eagerness: The presets on the XL+ will be silent if the XL+ can't find the user cab. So, if you remember which cab was used just move the XL+ cab version into that cab slot and remap the patch to it. Thats what I did and it didn't take long.

I migrated from the II to the XL+

I wrote down the IR names from all my presets and reset them later on the XL+. Remember to note X/Y too just in case. I had user IR's in the II that I wasn't using so I felt like making a list of the ones used was better for me.

I did find some general anomalies in the preset transfer from the II to the XL+.

In particular, my delay types were changed from tape to 2290/mod and I had some general weirdness.

For my goto presets that I need to be spot on, I took the time to re-create them from scratch on the XL+. I just didn't want to debug minor issues related to the II to XL+ preset translation.

Back
Top Bottom