Wish A few features I'd like to see implemented

Megahertzz

Inspired
  • Dedicated Preset, Scene and channel volume balancing menu: A utilities menu with a large, precise VU meter where you can easily adjust output volume across individual presets, scenes and channels using the main knob and the knobs underneath the screen. For instance, turning A and B knobs adjusts amp block 1 and 2 output levels, pushing A and B knobs clicks through A, B, C, D states of their assigned amp blocks. Knob C and D adjusts Output 1 and Output 2, and knob E scrolls through the scenes. Turning the main knob scrolls through presets without exiting the preset leveling menu. There was a similar feature in the Axe FX II which was very handy.
  • Editing Global Block names: Not much to add to this, other than that it seems unnecessary having to rely on external notes for remembering what all the global blocks were for in such a highly advanced piece of equipment.
  • Pitch Block Custom Scale learning function: Pressing a "Learn" button records the note you play, establishing the note you want to put a harmony note on top of, and then pressing a "harmony" button lets you play the note that will harmonize with previous note.
  • Full screen strobe tuner: Something along the lines of the Peterson strobe tuner app for mobile devices, only accurate.
  • Tuner engage on exp. pedal heel down: Activates tuner when an expression pedal is in heel down position.
  • Multiband Compressor global blocks: I have about 30 more or less identical presets for different songs, where the only variation is effects types used. Amp, Cab, Drive and MBC blocks are identical in all these presets. Having to adjust the MBC block in all these presets individually when changing some parameters in Amp or Cab block is extremely time consuming.
  • EV-1 expression pedal with toe switch and scribble strip: Probably not possible with only a TRS connection, but it would be nice to instantly see which block the pedal controls.
  • Global EQ presets, Bypass and choosing between PEQ and different types of GEQ: Having the ability to save different EQ presets for different situations (IEM, different types of monitors, different types of venues etc.) and quickly load and bypass these. [Edit 26-02-2020]

Last edited:
  • Multiband Compressor global blocks: I have about 30 more or less identical presets for different songs, where the only variation is effects types used. Amp, Cab, Drive and MBC blocks are identical in all these presets. Having to adjust the MBC block in all these presets individually when changing some parameters in Amp or Cab block is extremely time consuming.

I'm not sure I get this one. The multiband compressor already supports global blocks?

• Dedicated Preset, Scene and channel volume balancing menu: A utilities menu with a large, precise VU meter where you can easily adjust output volume across individual presets, scenes and channels using the main knob and the knobs underneath the screen. For instance, turning A and B knobs adjusts amp block 1 and 2 output levels, pushing A and B knobs clicks through A, B, C, D states of their assigned amp blocks. Knob C and D adjusts Output 1 and Output 2, and knob E scrolls through the scenes. Turning the main knob scrolls through presets without exiting the preset leveling menu. There was a similar feature in the Axe FX II which was very handy.
instead of this, they put the VU meter at the top of the Layout when Zoomed out. then you can go to any block in the layout and use the A-E knobs to change channels and adjust levels right there. i think this is what they're sticking with. the Axe2 version only allowed you to quickly adjust the Amp block. but some people need to adjust other blocks for the "main volume."

unfortunately Scene Levels can't be adjusted here, but personally i don't recommend doing this or adjusting the Out block unless absolutely necessary. there have been many threads for the Axe3 asking why changing between identical presets has a different sound, when it was a "hidden" Scene or Out block volume setting they never checked. i try to keep it as simple as possible and use only the Amp block to adjust my preset main level. if i absolutely need to change a Scene or Out block level, i might, but it's very, very rare and usually only on a very complex preset.

instead of this, they put the VU meter at the top of the Layout when Zoomed out. then you can go to any block in the layout and use the A-E knobs to change channels and adjust levels right there. i think this is what they're sticking with. the Axe2 version only allowed you to quickly adjust the Amp block. but some people need to adjust other blocks for the "main volume."

unfortunately Scene Levels can't be adjusted here, but personally i don't recommend doing this or adjusting the Out block unless absolutely necessary. there have been many threads for the Axe3 asking why changing between identical presets has a different sound, when it was a "hidden" Scene or Out block volume setting they never checked. i try to keep it as simple as possible and use only the Amp block to adjust my preset main level. if i absolutely need to change a Scene or Out block level, i might, but it's very, very rare and usually only on a very complex preset.

I have personally never used anything other than Amp block level for volume balancing, and I can't think of any reason to, but practices may differ. I think however that Amp block leveling is the most common. Output level adjustment would be mostly for volume boost on lead scenes. Either way, I think more people than me miss the old volume leveling menu form the Axe Fx II. It did the job of leveling multiple presets a lot easier than the present solution on the III.

I have personally never used anything other than Amp block level for volume balancing, and I can't think of any reason to, but practices may differ. I think however that Amp block leveling is the most common. Output level adjustment would be mostly for volume boost on lead scenes. Either way, I think more people than me miss the old volume leveling menu form the Axe Fx II. It did the job of leveling multiple presets a lot easier than the present solution on the III.
It’s really the same process though. Highlight the amp block, spin the C knob to adjust the level. Change channels or scenes right there, staying on the amp block. That’s what the VU screen on the Axe2 did.

Reactions: Rex
It’s really the same process though. Highlight the amp block, spin the C knob to adjust the level. Change channels or scenes right there, staying on the amp block. That’s what the VU screen on the Axe2 did.
The VU screen on the Axe FX 2 had Amp 1 and 2 block levels already assigned to knob A and B, and you could scroll through the presets with the main knob without exiting the menu. You didn't have to zoom in on the the layout page and click your way to the different amp blocks for each amp in each preset you wanted to level. I understand that it doesn't make much difference for leveling just one preset, but when you have multiple presets that need leveling, the Axe FX III method is slow and tedious compared to the Axe2.

I like several of these, but I'm afraid they might not get the individual attention posted in a grouping like this.
+1 on the volume balancing menu
+1 on the tuner engage on heel down
+1 edit global block names

Back
Top Bottom