Fixed A few bugs encountered

I love the FM3, but I have to say, there are a few bugs in this updated 2.0 firmware.
Since version 1.06, the audio would cut out and the FM3 unit lock up when auditioning some drive patches, requiring the unit to be turned off and back on again. I had hoped that firmware 2.0 would fix the problem... it didn't. It's great to have the added drive options in 2.0, however, when auditioning them, the FM3 again cuts audio and the unit freezes. And it's only on some drive selections. The problem still exists from 1.06, and it's not because my CPU levels are too high. I run on average 60 - 65% CPU usage. There's a coding problem somewhere in the software.
Today I encountered a new problem. I was on a patch and when I went to click the modifier on the treble control a loud pop would cycle and continue until the unit was turned off. I turned it off, went back into the patch, tried to apply a modifier again and the same thing happened, a continuous pop, almost like a shot, would cycle and continue till the unit was turned off. Obviously somethings not right. What I have since found is that the patch is corrupted. The patch worked fine in 1.06 and after the update the patch somehow got corrupted and the level meters in all the blocks in the patch went red. Not just in one patch, but two so far. I haven't gone through all my patches as of yet. I had to rebuild the patch and now works fine. From what I can tell it is the AMP block that is corrupting the patch. I save the patch to a new number and then delete the Amp block in the original patch. That way I have a reference of all my settings. I pull in a new Amp block into the original patch, rebuild the settings and it works fine. All the block meter levels are green.
The other day I was using the FM3, playing along in a patch and the unit just suddenly turned off by itself. That was the first time that happened. I hadn't touched the unit or anything, it just turned off. That was odd. I flipped the switch to off and back on again and it worked fine.
Fortunately, right now everything is shut down and there are pretty much no gigs. I have an Axe-FX 2 and XL+ which is my main live unit. I am hoping to replace it with the FM3. I built a new pedal board for it and everything is set to take live, but at this point, the FM3 needs to be thoroughly gone over before it can be taken out live. It sounds great, it just needs some tweaking.

I love the FM3, but I have to say, there are a few bugs in this updated 2.0 firmware.
Since version 1.06, the audio would cut out and the FM3 unit lock up when auditioning some drive patches, requiring the unit to be turned off and back on again. I had hoped that firmware 2.0 would fix the problem... it didn't. It's great to have the added drive options in 2.0, however, when auditioning them, the FM3 again cuts audio and the unit freezes. And it's only on some drive selections. The problem still exists from 1.06, and it's not because my CPU levels are too high. I run on average 60 - 65% CPU usage. There's a coding problem somewhere in the software.
Today I encountered a new problem. I was on a patch and when I went to click the modifier on the treble control a loud pop would cycle and continue until the unit was turned off. I turned it off, went back into the patch, tried to apply a modifier again and the same thing happened, a continuous pop, almost like a shot, would cycle and continue till the unit was turned off. Obviously somethings not right. What I have since found is that the patch is corrupted. The patch worked fine in 1.06 and after the update the patch somehow got corrupted and the level meters in all the blocks in the patch went red. Not just in one patch, but two so far. I haven't gone through all my patches as of yet. I had to rebuild the patch and now works fine. From what I can tell it is the AMP block that is corrupting the patch. I save the patch to a new number and then delete the Amp block in the original patch. That way I have a reference of all my settings. I pull in a new Amp block into the original patch, rebuild the settings and it works fine. All the block meter levels are green.
The other day I was using the FM3, playing along in a patch and the unit just suddenly turned off by itself. That was the first time that happened. I hadn't touched the unit or anything, it just turned off. That was odd. I flipped the switch to off and back on again and it worked fine.
Fortunately, right now everything is shut down and there are pretty much no gigs. I have an Axe-FX 2 and XL+ which is my main live unit. I am hoping to replace it with the FM3. I built a new pedal board for it and everything is set to take live, but at this point, the FM3 needs to be thoroughly gone over before it can be taken out live. It sounds great, it just needs some tweaking.
this isn't happening to everyone. i would contact support. go here and click Start Conversation on the top right: https://support.fractalaudio.com

Back
Top Bottom