A Far-Field IR: DV Mark C212V

antcarrier

Power User
Hello!

I recently shot some IRs of a DV Mark C212V cab. It's a lightweight vertical 2x12 loaded with DV Marks own 'white guitar star' speakers. These have neodymium drivers and are made by B&C. Its a unique sounding cab, thats for sure. It sounds very nice for clean sounds - kind of warm yet articulate at the same time, but has an atypical, characteristic voicing. While I love it clean, I do not like it too much for distorted sounds - it can be a little harsh for my taste.

This cab was captured 2 meters from the cab and there are no room reflections in the impulse.

I recommend setting the 'Low Res Freq' setting in the speaker page to around 95 Hz when using this IR. I did not measure this properly - but by my ear, that makes it sound like the cab does when I'm in the room with it. This is especially important when using some of the more vintage amps in the axe that have it set significantly lower than this.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Sweet, will give this a try, been looking for something like this for the vintage Fenders...

Thanks!!

I captured IRs in 10 different positions, all 2 meters from the cab. This one is quite off-axis, and I picked it to upload because it was the most versatile of the bunch. It sounds better distorted than the others, because the more on-axis ones have too much in the high frequencies and sound harsh when introduced to the extra high frequency harmonics that are added with distortion. The speakers in this cab have a wider frequency range than most guitar speakers - IIRC they were about 10db more at 10kHz than some Celestions I captured at a similar position. The more on-axis IRs still sound good clean, however. I didn't bother taking any near field IRs because I don't have a use for them myself.

Ah okay. Well if you get bored and fell like capturing a few near field, I'd definitely check them out, and would appreciate it as well. ;)

Cool thanks for posting these....I tried this one out for a while yesterday and found I liked it more for all amp types than the previous 4x12 FF IR you uploaded a while back ago. Look forward to other results...

I captured IRs in 10 different positions, all 2 meters from the cab. This one is quite off-axis, and I picked it to upload because it was the most versatile of the bunch. It sounds better distorted than the others, because the more on-axis ones have too much in the high frequencies and sound harsh when introduced to the extra high frequency harmonics that are added with distortion. The speakers in this cab have a wider frequency range than most guitar speakers - IIRC they were about 10db more at 10kHz than some Celestions I captured at a similar position. The more on-axis IRs still sound good clean, however. I didn't bother taking any near field IRs because I don't have a use for them myself.
Do you have these IRs still? I have this 2x12 and would love an IR of this cab.

ah, thanks. I've been looking for a dv mark pearl capture. If you have an open back cab version of that, I'd gladly buy ...

Back
Top Bottom