• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

A Fair Judgement [Opeth cover]

heanjurrera

Hey all!

This was the first ever Opeth song I managed to get into, and it's still one of my favourites. I pretty much wanted to record this just so I could try my own take on the middle, clean section, which is fantastic. The outro also proved tons of fun to get right, it's disgustingly heavy and I love it.

Alas, I personally don't care much for guitar solos so I sort of half-assed them, admittedly :(

- All electric guitars are Axe FX II
- PRS Custom SE with BKP Alnico Nailbombs through the JVM sim for heavy guitars, and if I recall correctly, AC30 for cleans.
- Superior Drummer 2. Again more improvements to my drum mix. Got the transcription itself from some guitar pro tab online and then tweaked the programming.
- A cheap steel string acoustic recorded with the usual 58 through a 2nd gen Scarlett 2i4
- Vocals were also recorded with the 58

Top Bottom