This was the first ever Opeth song I managed to get into, and it's still one of my favourites. I pretty much wanted to record this just so I could try my own take on the middle, clean section, which is fantastic. The outro also proved tons of fun to get right, it's disgustingly heavy and I love it.
Alas, I personally don't care much for guitar solos so I sort of half-assed them, admittedly
- All electric guitars are Axe FX II
- PRS Custom SE with BKP Alnico Nailbombs through the JVM sim for heavy guitars, and if I recall correctly, AC30 for cleans.
- Superior Drummer 2. Again more improvements to my drum mix. Got the transcription itself from some guitar pro tab online and then tweaked the programming.
- A cheap steel string acoustic recorded with the usual 58 through a 2nd gen Scarlett 2i4
- Vocals were also recorded with the 58