WTB A expensive guitar

iaresee

Administrator
Looking for a really nice guitar. Not really particular about brand, it just has to look....really nice. And sound fantastic. And play like butter.

It's a gift to myself for just getting through another day, ya know?

Some ideas of what I'm looking for:

1622908520597.png

1622908560621.png

1622908594520.png

Whatcha got for me? Hit me up with a DM and we'll talk!

Hahaha, generally when I see someone say they want a "really nice guitar" I automatically start thinking in the Suhr-Tyler range. When I saw the Dragon I went, "Oh shit, he wants a really nice guitar." :D

I don't even know what I'd do if I were on the lookout for that kind of guitar. I'd probably end up scouring 50's Strats. I'm just hoping I can get my hands on a Silverburst before they reach that territory. Good luck on your search and congrats!

A Silverburst huh? I have an 81 (or 82?) I bought brand new as a kid, that never gets any play because it's simply not the right feel for me anymore. It used to, and it's well-worn from all the gigs I used to play (well, lots more from practicing and rehearsals, if I'm being honest.) But I want a new 20th Majesty 6, and even though I've got the money, it makes me uncomfortable unless I sell something else. The Silverburst obviously has sentimental value, but if it just sits in the case... Can't make up my mind. Maybe with the right offer, who knows? But I don't want to jerk anyone around either.

I have that krautster K2.

If that's not enough, Alex over at GC has a nice gil yaron listed...

Looking for a really nice guitar. Not really particular about brand, it just has to look....really nice. And sound fantastic. And play like butter.

View attachment 84417

View attachment 84418

View attachment 84419

Here’s a beauty! All original 1969 Telecaster!!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/kawa...p_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

I got a nice limited edition '56 custom shop Strat from 2011.

It's aged beautifully from sonic blue to a lovely surf green. Frets are a 100%, and the neck is flamed maple. It's got aged gold hardware and a gold anodyzed pickguard. Currently I put a custom shop white parched pickguard and a 10 way selector, but of course I have the original components.
Plays like butter and the fat 50's purr. The neck is a 10/56 V, so it's super comfy but it's still got chunk.
I gotta thin the herd a little, since I already have another Strat which I received as a gift (it's a worse guitar than this but sentimental value is what it is) and my ignorant strat Charvels, and I am no Jimi. More of a wannabe Jerry Cantrell, like....

Attachments

• IMG_5248.jpg
    IMG_5248.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5247.jpg
    IMG_5247.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5245.jpg
    IMG_5245.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5244.jpg
    IMG_5244.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5242.jpg
    IMG_5242.jpg
    648.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5241 (1).jpg
    IMG_5241 (1).jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 16
Looking for a really nice guitar. Not really particular about brand, it just has to look....really nice.
That part is easy. Just surf the web, sort by price, and Bob’s your uncle.

And sound fantastic.
Sound is personal. Be prepared to swap in your favorite pickups. But to really find a tonally-excellent guitar, you pretty much have to sort by hand. A good example of this is PRSi. Mr. Smith speaks much about the sonic contribution of each part of the guitar, but I’ve found the response and resonance of his products to be all over the map, at all price ranges. You have to play one to find a good one.

And play like butter.
Playing feel is even more personal. See above.

If you really want to give yourself a gift that will still feel like a gift ten years from now, let that money cool in your pocket. Then visit every guitar shop you can, and pick up whatever catches your eye. Hit the dating circuit, and don’t buy dinner until you fall in love.

Best playing, best sounding guitar I've ever own and it's almost as light as a Parker Fly. Don't know how much I would ever sell it for, because it'a a "lighting in a bottle" thing that I doubt I could ever C3971985-7284-48CD-85B7-6337CFC972CE_1_201_a.jpegreplicate.

View attachment 84417

View attachment 84418

View attachment 84419

Something to think about with the PRS Dragon, If you ever need to refret it, in all likelihood it's going to screw up that beautiful inlay. Those guitars are best left on the wall as art.

I got this one on Thursday off Reverb. Not cheap but well under what others are going for. It was pretty grungy looking in the pictures in the ad. I took a chance that it would clean up so I made an offer. Here’s what it looks like after several hours time cleaning and polishing it with Virtuoso.

5B0F8818-0969-4D7C-8547-22ACBE8206BE.jpegF270A170-DD21-4AAA-A787-EAC0EB80EC70.jpeg45388737-AC3D-479A-8CC5-1B481DEDAC5B.jpeg0CFF0EB9-4870-4118-80AF-9910D73A64C7.jpeg
AADA422D-5703-45E3-B84F-A1A79CBD0DD7.jpeg

A PRS Private Stock might be your ticket. They make some incredible instruments…

HMqXEIm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom