A definitive answer please. Pedal

What type of pedal do I need to operate volume and wah without scenes please. Only three brands ever mentioned. Do I just need a pedal with a footswitch? Many thanks for any advice

An expression pedal with a toe switch would probably be the easiest solution. Something like a Mission SP-1 would fit the bill nicely. https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/expression/multi-use-exp/sp-1/ You can do the same with a regular switchless expression pedal and a separate external switch as well, but you'll have to move your foot off the pedal to switch functions.

The idea is to assign the expression pedal to control both the wah and volume sweeps at the same time and then assign the switch to inversely toggle the bypass states between the wah and volume blocks. The pedal will sweep both modifiers at the same time, but you won't hear block that is bypassed. To inversely toggle the blocks, you assign the switch to the bypass parameter of both the wah and volume blocks, but on one of the modifiers you reverse the Start and End parameters.

The ideal pedal would be a Mission SP-2 which they no longer make and are difficult to find used. You can get the SP-1 and see if it works for you but it can be rewired to operate like the SP-2. The SP-2 is basically a 2 channel expression pedal, you can assign one to the Global volume, the other the Auto engage the wah. The SP-1 uses the switch to turn an effect on/off. If you use the SP-1, a volume block will be necessary as well as a wah block.

Extremely grateful for replying, but I'm really stuck as to why in 2021 hundreds of foot pedals with foot switches why are only two or three ever mentioned? Roland Boss? Korg? Behringer? Do these not work? I currently have two Boss FV500H but don't think they have foot switches, but there is a rubber pad at toe end. Again many thanks for help. Just wanna know if any pedal with foot switch would work and my troubles are over

See that's what I mean fella. Google and see the many that are not even mentioned. Boss, even Electro Harmonix. Two top brand names but never mentioned. I'm worried if not compatible

See that's what I mean fella. Google and see the many that are not even mentioned. Boss, even Electro Harmonix. Two top brand names but never mentioned. I'm worried if not compatible
How about sharing some links to specific models? Some of us are always on the hunt for good expression pedals, and the Mission pedal is the only one that comes to mind in recent memory.

A pedal with a switch forces you to push the pedal down to press the switch. Meaning that the volume will always be at its loudest, when switching to wah.

A pedal with a switch forces you to push the pedal down to press the switch. Meaning that the volume will always be at its loudest, when switching to wah.
Oh blimey! Never thought of that. Goddam bro I thought you'd retired! You've helped me in the past too. Good to see you're still about

Fella no offence to anyone and thank you again. But are people telling me that amongst the hundreds of videos, tutorials for how to connect simpler Mission and EV? There is only ONE video for volume and wah with a pedal with no switch, I've Facebooked, Googled, and here. Marco Fantons video is the only one? That includes the whole range of Ax and FM range? Please don't tell me it's simple otherwise why all the Mission and EV videos dedicated to the subject. But very grateful for the help mate

I don’t know that many expression pedals with switches.
So you think in the age of Fractal and technology only two pedals exist? So why lack of info and videos for connection without a footswitch. Sorry for my frustration but I've seen crazy complex answers to harder questions and people here don't seem to know how to connect an FV500H which is a popular pedal for wah and volume. See my point?

I don’t. What is the question? You want a video on an expression pedal without a switch?

I don’t. What is the question? You want a video on an expression pedal without a switch?
Yes mate. There's hundreds of videos for even just connecting it. How to create a preset. No offence mate you know full well the expression pedal scenario is a question that fills this forum. So why only ONE video? Do you get me?

Yes mate. There's hundreds of videos for even just connecting it. How to create a preset. No offence mate you know full well the expression pedal scenario is a question that fills this forum. So why only ONE video? Do you get me?
No, we don't get you.

Please write a clear and detailed post describing what you are wanting to accomplish.

There are many expression pedal types but for the most part they work exactly the same. You don't need videos for every type because the same processes work for most types.

Apologies mate, I first posted this in 2013 but admit this was vague. I reposted a few days ago with specifics. Thanks for replying though. Basically it's using one pedal for wah and volume. Pedal Boss FV500H has no toe switch

Apologies mate, I first posted this in 2013 but admit this was vague. I reposted a few days ago with specifics. Thanks for replying though. Basically it's using one pedal for wah and volume. Pedal Boss FV500H has no toe switch
Between this and your OP, you have left out the part about "without scenes" ;)

That's an important detail and that is the common solution.

Simplest answer would probably be to also connect a single external switch.

From there, the setup would be similar to doing it with a pedal with a built-in switch with the advantage that you don't need to move the pedal fully toe-down to hit the switch.

The pedal would be assigned to the Control parameter of the Wah block and the Level parameter of the Volume block.

The switch would be assigned to the Bypass of both blocks, but on one you would reverse the Min/Max of the Modifier.

So each press of the switch will turn ON one block and turn OFF the other.

Make sure you set Bypass Mode of both blocks to "Thru".

I've never owned an AX8 so I can't give the precise details but hopefully that's enough to get you going.

I'm pretty sure there's a video for using the Mission SP-1 to do that. If you use that and just treat the external switch the same as the switch on the pedal it should get you there.

Also, you could probably use a built-in switch on the AX8... I believe it has a Control Switch function?

Grateful for your help mate. Honest. But surely you can see my point. No video tutorial?
There are many Fractal things that don't have a tutorial video.

Your request is not a common use case, so I'm not really surprised.

I know everyone learns differently, but I don't think I've ever used a video for anything Fractal-related since I started in 2013... Written descriptions and manuals meet my needs.

Back
Top Bottom