A Decision has been Made! :o)

Too many features to shake a stick at!!!

Had my first 'phone conference' with Matt today, and it was eye-opening - Matt is a very nice & knowledgeable guy and he pointed out some features I was not aware of with both the AFX II and the MFC-101. For instance:

I did not know that every preset can bring up it's own alternate preset by simply hitting the preset switch twice (not talking about the Global preset feature). This alone is causing me to rethink my basic preset access strategy.

Is anyone out there using this dual preset potential to create enough instant access presets to avoid switching banks (or am I alone on the cutting edge? - 'white boy make funny slogan'...) :) Switching banks is one extra step and that extra time can make a critical difference on certain super-fast guitar changes/patch changes....

I found out with alternative preset "by accident" and since Im now redoing all my patches after FW6, I will incorporate that thinking as an extra dimension, basically "mirror" the patches with alternative amps, drives or effects... all in one stomp

I did not know that every preset can bring up it's own alternate preset by simply hitting the preset switch twice (not talking about the Global preset feature). This alone is causing me to rethink my basic preset access strategy.

Is anyone out there using this dual preset potential to create enough instant access presets to avoid switching banks...

I'm also deciding how to re-configure my setup for live use and I'm going to try that feature with a bank size of 5; that way I have:

-10 quickly accessible amp/cab/FX presets
-you could hit the preset switch once to reselect the preset (say to bypass, all at once, any FX you may have turned on, reset the preset, etc.). I need to look at the manual to confirm that but I think that's the behavior.
-10 switches for FX, X/Y, boost switches, etc.

So the dual-tap preset is an interesting solution since ideally I'd like to have 10 amp/cabs/FX presets and 10 FX buttons available without bank switching.

That's an excellent idea, but I've never been called 'Radney' before! Just joshin' :)

Damn! Sorry! Doing this while watching 'The Voice'. Was distracted watching Blake and Jermaine doing 'Soul Man'...totally fun! I don't watch a huge amount of TV, but this concept actually intrigues me.

Is anyone out there using this dual preset potential to create enough instant access presets to avoid switching banks (or am I alone on the cutting edge? - 'white boy make funny slogan'...) :) Switching banks is one extra step and that extra time can make a critical difference on certain super-fast guitar changes/patch changes....

I have been using the Alternate Preset feature for some time.
It's especially handy if you're a "preset-only" type, avoiding the use of IA switches.

In the end I switched back. I prefer to have a preset return to its saved state when pressing the preset switch a 2nd time ("recall").
This lets me disable a number of pressed IA switches at once.
Of course this means: no Alternate preset functionality, no Global preset functionality, and no Backtracking. The agony of choices...

Hadley, how long is your stop in Montreal? I'd drive to see that show if I thought we could grab a beer and talk Axe-Fx.

Hadley, how long is your stop in Montreal? I'd drive to see that show if I thought we could grab a beer and talk Axe-Fx.
Iaresee - I will not have the details until I have received my personal itinerary of the tour (usually about a week before hitting the road June 1st), and even then nothing can be 'written in stone' until the actual day arrives (there's always a chance of a last minute rehearsal on a day off, etc)

Back
Top Bottom