A decaying crackling sound when palm muting low E

Du Hast

When I palm mute the low E after the chunk sound there is a decaying crackling sound. This only happens with presets with distortion of course. I thought maybe it was my cheap cable so I spent a small fortune on a 'Platinum' cable lol. Didn't eliminate the crackling. Does sound better though. Any suggestions I would appreciate it. Yes I am a complete noob with amps and amp settings.

Turn your noise gate all the way down (off). Do you get the crackling sound?

Yes doesn't seem to make a difference. Here is a link of the crackle:

Ok, now leave the noise gate turned all the way off, and unplug your guitar cable from the Axe. What happens to the noise?

Ok, now leave the noise gate turned all the way off, and unplug your guitar cable from the Axe. What happens to the noise?
he should try this, but the video sounds to me like the gate is off, and he's referring to the sound of the guitar itself. sounds like something isn't making full connection inside.

could be something else, but that's my guess.

he should try this, but the video sounds to me like the gate is off, and he's referring to the sound of the guitar itself. sounds like something isn't making full connection inside.

could be something else, but that's my guess.
I'm also suspecting that the noise is coming from the guitar, but i suspect it's plain old EMI.

Last edited:
Total silence. Here is another preset that has a drive, amp and cab and has a weird enveloping noise afterwards. I know it doesn't sound like an envelope lol.

I'm also suspecting that the noise it's coming from the guitar, but i suspect it's plain old EMI.
I'm beginning to think this might be the case. I'm going to move the laptop turn off other lights in the house and try again. Anything you can suggest for EMI? A lead case for the Axe maybe?...

Back
Top Bottom