A couple Pink Floyd presets

Paulinfl

Inspired
Here's a few of my Pink Floyd presets. Some where asking in another old thread with dead links, I'll link to this forum post.

They are sculpted on a Axe II mark 2/MFC, Q4 firmware. Setup for use live with my band so keep that in mind. They aren't hifi in headphones, but good at volume. Boosts sound too loud at low volume, but good live. I run mono live, usually direct, with CLR's for monitor, or out2 into backline power-amp, or both for onstage monitoring. Main guitar is a HSS Deluxe Strat. Although LP used, or Andersen Tele for drop tunings, or backups.

I use a preset per song for all shows as I've developed many that have subtle tweaks (usually delays) to accommodate the song better for my parts in the songs(we have two guitars split duty). However to share, I will share a "multi" use Floyd Preset that will give you an idea of the tones I was after and you could use on a bunch of tunes successfully. The delays in this patch will be sort of universal. I realize tones are totally dependent of the setup you use. I can never find any I like from others so I make mine from scratch. Maybe these work for some other players too? I find them spot on for ME, running direct at shows. Oh yeah, I always stick with Factory Cabs for ease of recreation in a pinch. I use my ears to select the CAB, and find the best match to the sound/feel of my real CAB I sometimes use. I sometimes use backline venue provided CABS too, so all presets have OUT2 FX loop for a output to power-amp and cab with a GEQ block before the out for venue/speaker tweaks (my presets use all GLOBAL blocks).

All presets have post AMP db Boost (filter) for leads, or volume assigned to MFC IA.

Board controllers are: EXT 1 - WAH (rarely used), EXT 2 - VOLUME.

PF Multi.syx
Scene 1 - clean. (Drive 1 X- always on, even cleans)
Scene 2 - clean w/ phaser (think 'us & them')
Scene 3 - Cleanish Lead (think Shine On pre verse lead)
Scene 4 - Double Tube-Driver Lead (think Dogs lead, Another Brick Lead, Money, etc.. )
Scene 5 -Think Big Muff leads (Time, Live at Pompei Echoes lead, Money, etc...)

For how I switch these up per song, I've included a couple song presets.

PF - Run.syx
Run like hell obviously. Proud of this one. Uses two delays(for triplet sound). Gets ovations. Just killer when you are dialed in. I think I use one scene (Scene 1-3 the same), Scene 4 & 5 always leads for me, so I think these add the db Boost filter, if desired.

PF - Brick 1.syx
Another brick in the wall Part 1. Nothing special, just matches Album delay type/time for Part 1 of another brick.

PF - Time.syx
Time.
Scene 1 - Intro
Scene 2 or 3 - Verse
Scene 5 - Lead

Originally I wanted to use less presets for this project, but it really requires a preset per song IMO. I have like 20 now, ;). Many might be considered redundant, but when you need more than 7 per se, it's easier to use Global Blocks and have a preset per song for easy Set List navigation. I have controller assisted volume swells setup on some (Great Gig), with freq filters for effect. I have Rotary on mostly every preset for the 'moving' doppler affect Gilmour always has. When I tried to include all the bells and whistle I want for each song into a single preset, I ran into issues - mostly would have to sacrifice specific delays. Same goes for AX8 and these... I couldn't convert them and keep everything. I'm sure some guru will chime in and AX8ify these. Although I'm slowly working on AX8 refined presets for this too, for my taste. I almost always leave the Chorus on. Flanger to taste. Phaser to taste.

Hope they work for someone else.. Enjoy.

PS- A great resource for delay settings and times so you can do what I did per song is this..
http://www.kitrae.net/music/David_Gilmour_Tone_Building_3.html#DelayTimes

** EDIT - removed Global links and re-uploaded preset files

Attachments

• PF-Time.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 289
  • PF-Run.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 268
  • PF - multi.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 281
  • PF-Brick I.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Tried all these but not getting any sound from any of them. My input meters are going on the front of the axe but no sound. Any ideas? I'm sure its some setting that I'm missing...

Tried all these but not getting any sound from any of them. My input meters are going on the front of the axe but no sound. Any ideas? I'm sure its some setting that I'm missing...

Vol block probably. Its tied to Ext 2. Change that to your volume pedal or none at all.

Vol block probably. Its tied to Ext 2. Change that to your volume pedal or none at all.

Yeah, there has to be something else I'm missing. I tried removing the volume block and tried messing around with the parameters in there. When I use my pedal, I can watch the dot on the graph move up and down, but still no sound...

I only looked at the PF-multi ..., and it's probably the compressor that's killing the sound. ALL of the parameters are at the minimum value including the mix @ 0.0% and the level @ -20 db ....

I'm guessing that's not the original settings, but it looks like both the X & Y are all messed up ....

EDIT - Nope ..., at least when I imported into my XL .... ALL THE SETTINGS IN ALL THE BLOCKS ARE AT MINIMUM VALUE .... With the exception of the two Delay blocks ( those look like they might be O.K., ), but everything else is seriously messed up ....

2nd EDIT - Went back and looked at all the presets, they're all the same. ALL the values except the Delays are at the minimum value.

Something must have happened in the export ?

I only looked at the PF-multi ..., and it's probably the compressor that's killing the sound. ALL of the parameters are at the minimum value including the mix @ 0.0% and the level @ -20 db ....

I'm guessing that's not the original settings, but it looks like both the X & Y are all messed up ....

EDIT - Nope ..., at least when I imported into my XL .... ALL THE SETTINGS IN ALL THE BLOCKS ARE AT MINIMUM VALUE .... With the exception of the two Delay blocks ( those look like they might be O.K., ), but everything else is seriously messed up ....

2nd EDIT - Went back and looked at all the presets, they're all the same. ALL the values except the Delays are at the minimum value.

Something must have happened in the export ?

Ahhh - yes, you're right everything is at min value. Maybe at export issue....

Guys. Sorry That's really strange. I literally had the unit hooked to Axe-Edit, using the patches. Went to "Preset" menu, selected 'export preset' and got those files. Not sure why it's bugging out.

AND when I do the same thing and "import" the same files via preset menu in AxeEdit into a blank Preset, they work fine.

Here they are again, exported via Fractal Bot. See if these work.... I'm really puzzled why there are problems with the last batch..

EDIT: ..removed files.. and updated op with new files..

Last edited:
I loaded 'em up again and it's the same story .... ALL of the parameters in ALL of the blocks are set the their minimum values ....

Are these for the Axe-Fx II or AX8 ?

Anyone else noticing the same thing ?

Okay now I removed any Global links in the unit itself and exported via Fractal Bot. I also swapped usb cords. That should do it! Please try again and so sorry for this... :confused: haha

Attachments

• PF-Time.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 191
  • PF-Run.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 182
  • PF - multi.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 184
  • PF-Brick I.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I loaded 'em up again and it's the same story .... ALL of the parameters in ALL of the blocks are set the their minimum values ....

Are these for the Axe-Fx II or AX8 ?

Anyone else noticing the same thing ?

Axe II (mark II) Q4.0

Yeah dummy me thought the export would unlink the
Globals. But it makes sense why it wouldn't automatically.

Basically I have all blocks Global BUT the delays. It makes it super easy to fine-tune the batch and grow the song list. Plus I'm always looking to improve tones so a slight tweak here and there to effect mixes, etc, and Global for the win! I really miss this ability on the AX8. Anyhow, glad they are working now.

They were were working for me - but that is due to FracTool and AX8 edits - had to remove a bunch of stuff to get it to fit and load anyway. Will try out the new ones and see if there is a difference. It is presets like these that make me look to the AXE-FX over the AX8. I love kitchen sink presets with everything ready to go :)
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom