A couple of X/Y usability desires

steverosburg

Experienced
Are either of the following possible:

1. Copy X settings for a block to Y to provide a quick starting point. For example, if you're just wanting to increase the delay mix and volume, but leave the rest the same, it would be nice to be able to take your X setting once it's dialed in and then just copy it to Y.

2. Copy just the X or Y settings for a block from another preset?

If not, I think that would improve usability for this very powerful feature, as it would help you speed up preset creation.

You either read my mind or my prior post.

+1 on this feature request.

Also, have the Wah globally set to Expression 2 unless overridden by a specific preset (don't know/doubt if that's possible), since I only use my expression pedal for the Wah.

Also, have the Wah globally set to Expression 2 unless overridden by a specific preset (don't know/doubt if that's possible), since I only use my expression pedal for the Wah.

A global wah would be KILLER! I have a global volume for gain structure on my standard.....be nice in the Axe II to have an option to make a global wah....would be very useful and save a lot of time setting up new patches!

A global wah would be KILLER! I have a global volume for gain structure on my standard.....be nice in the Axe II to have an option to make a global wah....would be very useful and save a lot of time setting up new patches!

If I read the manual correct, there are 10 global settings for each BLOCK.

In the Axe-ii, you can have 20 Global Wah's.. 10 for Wah1, and 10 for Wah2.

I have implemented an X / Y copy feature in the upcoming firmware. By double-clicking Y you can copy the parameters from the X channel. Likewise double-clicking X allows copying the Y parameters.

Copying just the X or Y from another preset is not that easy so that will have to remain a wish-list item.

I have implemented an X / Y copy feature in the upcoming firmware. By double-clicking Y you can copy the parameters from the X channel. Likewise double-clicking X allows copying the Y parameters.

Copying just the X or Y from another preset is not that easy so that will have to remain a wish-list item.
Good enough for me... thanks so much!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but when you save something to global it saves only the settings, not the modifiers--or am I doing something wrong? Being able to save the modifiers as part of the global setting would be killer in my opinion, for any type of block. If that's what you were saying, then I wholly concur. I like setting up a couple of standard blocks on every preset, generally a pre-amp variable gain filter and a post-amp variable gain filter, and to have to create/reassign the modifier manually even after restoring a filter from global is a bit of a hassle. Again, please correct me if I'm doing something wrong here. I'm used to using Axe-Edit where you can recall an effect, which does preserve the modifiers.

Sweet!

Whoa - that's VERY cool.

Its amazing that in that two or so weeks into shipping the axe 2 you're already taking feedback and implementing it into upcoming firmware updates. I got my ultra on firmware 10 so I didn't get to see all the development on the gen 1 products, but this is an incredible sign of things to come. Amazing.

Perfect!

Its amazing that in that two or so weeks into shipping the axe 2 you're already taking feedback and implementing it into upcoming firmware updates. I got my ultra on firmware 10 so I didn't get to see all the development on the gen 1 products, but this is an incredible sign of things to come. Amazing.

There's a reason it was already on major release v10 when you got yours. While I have to imagine development will be a little less frenzied since so much has already been worked out, this is the kind of customer service that made the early adopters such rabid fans.

Awesome! Great implementation. :)

Thanks Cliff - that change is HUGE and will make programming much quicker. In fact, it can act like a quick "compare" function - make a minor tweak and switch between X and Y to hear the changes.

Thanks Cliff - that change is HUGE and will make programming much quicker. In fact, it can act like a quick "compare" function - make a minor tweak and switch between X and Y to hear the changes.

Hadn't thought of that use but it certainly addresses a subset of the compare function request.

Back
Top Bottom