A couple of weeks in

First fractal product. So far I've been more than pleased. Went from using old 60's supers, to the fm3 and a headrush 112. Maneuvering around the UI was the biggest challenge, but it quickly became a non issue. Actually, the UI, once learned, is really easy and intuitive. A couple of weeks in now and I've been extremely impressed with the tones I've been able to get out of it. Mostly a fan of blackface/silverface/tweed style amps. Tones have been spot on. Easy to dial in a clean twin with some thump, to a slightly overdriven super, to a full on srv cranked amp. Pedal models have been extremely easy to dial in as well, and they respond like their real life counterparts. Vibe, trem, Leslie, etc. I've honestly been inspired to play more since I've received the fm3. I don't use an extensive signal chain, nor am I doing much aside from playing through an frfr or headphones, so I realize that my needs and wants may differ considerably from many. Being able to get that edge of breakup or lead tone at a bedroom volume while also retaining the feel is priceless to me, and when turned up it really shines. Simply put, this is the best piece of gear/amplification I've ever owned. Part of me wishes I would have gotten a fractal earlier, but I'm also glad that I waited as this device perfectly suits my needs.

Back
Top Bottom