A Couple Of Quick Noob Questions From A Non-Noob

shredi knight

Power User
We'll hopefully be getting my Axe-Fx II later this week and had a couple of quick (and hopefully not too annoying) questions regarding what it comes with:

- Does it come with a USB cable or do I have to supply one myself?

- Does it come with the Tone Match Manual or do I have to print it off the Fractal support page?

Thanks (It really does feel like being a noob all over again.) :)

if you have to print it....i would take it to staples or somewhere that does binded documents.

I've got a cool printed copy of the old manual that i use to make notes and such.

No USB cable for sure. It is just one of those generic printer type with the A/B connectors (flat rectangular plug on one end and the square-ish plug on the other), so you might have a spare around the house. It wasn't originally coming with the tone match quick start page, so I'd print one and read through it just to have it. I don;t know if it's been added to the manual yet.

You'll find yourself in familiar waters quickly. A lot of new stuff, but the mindset is the same and a lot of what you learned on earlier models translates well. They did a great job on that.

but at the same time, treat it as a new product. don't just select USA Lead and turn everything the way you did on an ultra. give yourself time to listen to what this one sounds like. by now, 6.02, i'm really only adjusting the basic amp parameters. the only advanced amp parameters i use are input gain for the mesa amps (i change it to 5 for more gain) and the high and low cut.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I looked and actual found I did have one of those USB cables packed away with my Boss digital 8-track recorder that I haven't used in several years. On the Tone Match manual, I don't care to print it, I just didn't want to waste printer paper if it wasn't necessary (I be think'in green yo!). :)

While I'm asking questions, here's a little bit of a more technical one (and yes, I could do a search and try and find this out, but I'm shredi and such things are beneath me ;) :D).

Can user IR's for the Axe-Fx Standard/Ultra be used in the Axe II (either by converting them or using them as is)?

Thanks.

I think there is an IR converter floating around in the preset or Cab forum. Might have to change the date range at the bottom of the Thread list or just do a search.

Which user IRs? If you previously purchased Redwirez, for example, you can download the equivalent Axe-Fx II files from their site.

Which user IRs? If you previously purchased Redwirez, for example, you can download the equivalent Axe-Fx II files from their site.

It not a Redwirez, it's the Axe-Fx Standard & Ultra's old Framus 4x12 IR that was removed from the firmware quite awhile back by Cliff after some controversy with the IR's (alleged) creator. It was always my favorite IR and have been using it since then as a user cab.

I think there is an IR converter floating around in the preset or Cab forum. Might have to change the date range at the bottom of the Thread list or just do a search.

Thanks. I found a converter (don't know if it's the one you're referring to) on OwnHammer's site called "Axe-O-Matic", that is used to convert Axe-Fx Standard & Ultra cab IRs into Axe II IRs. But when I try to load my .syx file of the Framus 4x12 IR, the converter says, "Input File Not Valid Axe I Format" - Ughhh. :( Not sure what the problem is, the file is the right format and is not corrupt.

I'm attaching the file to this post. If anyone can convert it into an Axe II IR for me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Attachments

• Original 4x12 V30 (user location 1).syx
    7.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom