A couple of new pedals came in Strymon and FoxRox

javajunkie

Just got the Strymon Flint and the FoxRox CC Hybrid Fuzz.

Both pedals are great.

The Foxrox fuzz is a hybrid germanium and silicon fuzz, very smooth sweet fuzz

The flint is sweet. I love the harmonic tremolo. The 70s and 80 reverbs are very cool and quick to dial in. The spring reverb is one of the best I've heard modeled.
Lots of "sprong" w/o the over the top flanging/comb filtering thing going that is common in some simulations.
The pedal is great for the vintage trem/reverb sounds.

Reactions: yek
Nice, I'm jealous!

I was really tempted by the Flint, but then I woke up and realized that my amp rig has a good reverb and trem built in and footswitchable so there was really no need for a pedal to do the same thing. I love the way they approach those sounds though and had a lot of fun reading through the whitepaper on how they designed the Flint. I hope to play with some of those ideas in the Axe-FX and see what I can come up with, but that may never happen as I've got a to-do list on the Axe-FX as long as my arm and I never seem to put much of a dent in it.

The CC Hybrid sounds really cool. I just went and checked out the FoxRox page about it. I wasn't familiar with it. I'm going to pick up a good FF at some point but I can't decide which one. How do you feel it does at capturing the sweetness and cleanup of the germanium with the brightness and gain of the silicon?

D

Just got the Strymon Flint and the FoxRox CC Hybrid Fuzz.

Both pedals are great.

The Foxrox fuzz is a hybrid germanium and silicon fuzz, very smooth sweet fuzz

The flint is sweet. I love the harmonic tremolo. The 70s and 80 reverbs are very cool and quick to dial in. The spring reverb is one of the best I've heard modeled.
Lots of "sprong" w/o the over the top flanging/comb filtering thing going that is common in some simulations.
The pedal is great for the vintage trem/reverb sounds.

No blah blah blah...

Tear them apart, research and put them into AXE II

;)

My Flint is landing today! I have a show tonight I was tempted to use it but my board is all set.
I guess it is better for me to pay attention to my songs and not my new pedal.
Fun Fun,

Nice, I'm jealous!

I was really tempted by the Flint, but then I woke up and realized that my amp rig has a good reverb and trem built in and footswitchable so there was really no need for a pedal to do the same thing. I love the way they approach those sounds though and had a lot of fun reading through the whitepaper on how they designed the Flint. I hope to play with some of those ideas in the Axe-FX and see what I can come up with, but that may never happen as I've got a to-do list on the Axe-FX as long as my arm and I never seem to put much of a dent in it.

The CC Hybrid sounds really cool. I just went and checked out the FoxRox page about it. I wasn't familiar with it. I'm going to pick up a good FF at some point but I can't decide which one. How do you feel it does at capturing the sweetness and cleanup of the germanium with the brightness and gain of the silicon?

D

cleans up REALLY well w/ the volume know but the xover point is very small.

Back
Top Bottom