FM3 A couple of 80s covers I did with my FM3

JD Elliott

Inspired
I've been going through a bit of an 80s phase (I was a teen in that decade, such good times musically) always wanted to cover these two songs and finally got around to it now I have a decent guitar rig. I used the latest Plexi 50w amp model that got released a couple of revisions back for most of the rhythm guitar and lead work with a tube screamer in front.

All instruments were played by me, I'm a keyboardist as well so handy for all the keyboards, drums and bass playing. The vocals are isolate stems I found on youtube and mixed them into my instrument tracks.

Fun. Two connections for me: Debbie is a friend of my family, and Love is a Battlefield was written by the former-wife of another friend.

I once transcribed the drum machine loop in the latter. Here's how that looks in GM drums (use LINN samples).

Attachments

• LIAB-drum-loop.png
    LIAB-drum-loop.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 17
I've been going through a bit of an 80s phase (I was a teen in that decade, such good times musically) always wanted to cover these two songs and finally got around to it now I have a decent guitar rig. I used the latest Plexi 50w amp model that got released a couple of revisions back for most of the rhythm guitar and lead work with a tube screamer in front.

All instruments were played by me, I'm a keyboardist as well so handy for all the keyboards, drums and bass playing. The vocals are isolate stems I found on youtube and mixed them into my instrument tracks.

That is awesome! What a great job you really nail it. Love those songs. :)

Fun. Two connections for me: Debbie is a friend of my family, and Love is a Battlefield was written by the former-wife of another friend.

I once transcribed the drum machine loop in the latter. Here's how that looks in GM drums (use LINN samples).

Very cool, bit of a coincidence I covered two tracks which you have personal links too !! I too tried to capture that linn drum pattern, I found a version of it on the website but when I put that into my DAW, it didn't sound anything like it lol, so just had to use my ears in the end and wing everything in my normal bedroom fashion lol. Thanks all for checking them out.

Back
Top Bottom