A counter that counts down to the next firmware releases - thumbs up?

How about the opposite? Something like:

12 days 6 hours 4 minutes and 34 seconds since last firmware update.
8 days 3 hours 2 minutes and 56 seconds since last beta firmware update.
You have used 21 minutes on updating. 47 minutes on backup. 7 hours 8 minutes and 23 seconds on tweaking. 6 days 13 hours 45 minutes and 8 seconds online on the forum and about 4 minutes 37 seconds on actually playing your guitar through your modeler since last update.

nznat... it's great that you're excited about Quantum. We're all waiting for it too.

I think you're maybe not seeing the problem with this request. Let me try and explain. Fractal does not know when Quantum will be ready. So if they would set a date now what do you think that would do? 1) They might not be ready when the timer goes off -> people complain. 2) They might release a FW that is not properly tested or ready -> people complain. 3) They might have to rush it and there will be lots of bugs in Quantum -> people complain.

When you see a counter for something. What ever it's for is already ready and finished and they're just using that as a marketing trick because they want to create a marketing bubble of everyone trying their product at the same time and discussing it and making more and more people excited over it.

So if you really understand what you're asking for it's that Quantum doesn't get published as soon as it's ready. Because instead of releasing Quantum once it's ready there would be a timer that starts running after Quantum is finished. Get it? So if we don't have a counter we will get Quantum sooner.

I guess when you're as awesome at programming as Cliff, people just assume you must be from the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite frankly I cannot find a single thing wrong with the current Quantum Beta 1 that I would ever need anything else.

Christmas-Countdown-Memes-2_zpsusetjpxu.jpg

Love it how some fellers take these tongue-in-cheek posts so seriously Lol. I wonder if these guys are so hung up in real life or if it's just a forum thing? Anyhow, carry on......... :mrgreen

Hahaha you are so very correct mate, i created this thread for a laugth, and man did people take it seriously, hehe, life is far to wound up for a lot of people now eh. Must be time for another vaccination to dull the senses even more so

Back
Top Bottom