A cool band I discovered a couple years ago, thanks to Pandora's algorithms: Crack The Sky

Hey, those guys are from my neck of the woods. My uncle is really good friends with a few members of the band. Rick Witkowski runs a local studio and does many of the jingles and local radio ads.

I put these guys on my big list of bands to check out when I get a chance, and I just started listening to the Safety in Numbers albums today. I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here, where I can't believe I haven't heard of these guys before! I love Yes, Kansas, and Styx, so these guys are totally in my wheelhouse. Thanks to @TSJMajesty for the suggestion on that other thread, which piqued my interest, and to @Joe Bfstplk, for this thread, getting me interested in their whole discography.

I have to say, these guys are probably the most under-rated band, that no one's ever heard of, that definitely should've made it big (bad record deal.) I live in the immediate area they're from, yet I didn't discover them myself; a buddy of mine turned me onto them (even though it was in the early 80's.) They did get some radio play with Hot Razors & All American Boy though, as I recall.

Their songwriting is great, varied, a little weird chromatic at times, and Witkowski's guitar playing is fiery.

"Good evening boys and girls, this band has come all the way down from an acid trip just to play for you... will you please welcome Crack the Sky..."

Attachments

• IMG_4629.jpeg
    IMG_4629.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom