A bit of advice needed - is there a way to do this please (Mixer advice)

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Hi folks, I wonder if the smarter-than-me people here (i.e. everyone) can tell me if there's a way to achieve this:

I have a single mixer block, where the Row Gain values of each channel are controlled by an expression pedal. I would like to use Channel A and Channel B of the mixer, but have different Attack and Release times for the Row Gain controls set for each channel when I go to edit in the modifier page. All other values will be identical between them, just need different Attack and Release times for each channel.

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 15.39.42.png

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 15.44.52.png

Just checking I'm not being dim - when I change Attack and Release for one channel, it changes them for all.

I've managed to achieve what I'm trying to with a second mixer block set up with different values and switch between them using a Multiplexer, but wanted to check I'm not missing a way to do it with just the mixer blocks and channel settings.

Thanks!

Modifiers also have 4 Channels.

Changing channels of the modifiers should allow what you want.

I've never done it... But that should work.

Be aware that all modifiers would be affected, so you probably want to use the new Ax-Edit feature Copy to All Channels first.

Modifiers also have 4 Channels.

Changing channels of the modifiers should allow what you want.

I've never done it... But that should work.

Be aware that all modifiers would be affected, so you probably want to use the new Ax-Edit feature Copy to All Channels first.

Hi! (and thanks). My understanding is that the modifier is shared across all channels of the block, but you can limit which channel it operates on using the Chan selector (see below)

Screenshot 2020-02-09 at 16.56.00.png

What I was trying to figure out was if there was a way for different channels to have different settings for just Attack and Release - that's it. I think I've answered my own question though... as the entire page we're looking at here IS the modifier, and there's no way to change its settings across channels.

I have another way of achieving what I'm after - just not as elegant. Thanks for the reply though - I think I have it right in my head now!

Sukh

Glad you sorted it... But my answer IS a way to do what asked.

As mentioned the modifiers ALSO have channels ;)

It's kind of confusing.

Back
Top Bottom