A big thanks to Cliff

ownhammer

Power User
Vendor
I am unbelievably behind on forum, social media, and email, and will continue to be so for a little bit longer, but just wanted to pop in for a quick interjection of praise. Wanted to thank Cliff and the FAS team on their accomplishment with the most recent firmware. I've been happily using the Axe-Fx for several years now, though I have also had a hybrid analog/digital setup in parallel that I would need to go to from time to time to achieve certain tones I may have not been able to squeeze out of any other setup to 100% satisfaction. Always very close, but just a little different in a way that I would bounce back and forth depending on the configuration. This past update upped the game to where last week, I unracked my analog gear and now am fully digital for guitar tones. The extra little bit of focus, and the ability to control the saturation of the cathode follower - a function I could not live without and had with my M4 (and the reason why it could edge things out here and there) - put the unit over the top.

For that I extend a very sincere, and very appreciative thank you. You've made my life, and no doubt so many others, so much easier in achieving incredible guitar tones.

Cheers!

Cool post.

Now if only I knew what the "ability to control the saturation of the cathode follower" actually did/was, and where it is in my Axe I'd be golden!

Q5 Release Notes:

Improved preamp tube modeling for tubes driving cathode followers. In models that use cathode followers this results in warmer distortion with smoother decay. The shape of the cathode follower distortion can be adjusted with the new “CF Hardness” parameter found on the Advanced tab in the Amp block.

Hi Kevin....good to see you here again, it's been a while!! Hope things are going well for you and it sounds like your still very busy and productive. Great post.

Back
Top Bottom