A big thank you

Manning

Experienced
Just a quick note to those who I've come to respect.

Due to a single comment I made, the admins here have seen fit to partially disabled my account for an entire year.

So I'll be on my way. For the record, I am NOT protesting, a forum is a private thing and people can absolutely run it however they see fit.

This post is merely to thank many people before I go.

Nikki, Sammetal, Yek, GuitarDojo and the many others - thank you so much for your insight, wit and wisdom. It's been a pleasure, and good luck to you all.

Regards, Manning

oh that sux man :/ Will miss your advice and wittiness, but such is life :/
Glad you're being a sport about it tho - a lot of people would throw temper tantrums and all that, so glad to see you're being a professional. We'll miss ya man! :(

Wow, sad to see you go. Hope to see you back here!
Hit me up if you ever want to chat Cubase, Pro Tools, guitars, or Pop Tarts as fuel for the new flux capacitor!

WOW! I am sad this has happened. I have always enjoyed your comments and insight. Maybe the Admins will reconsider? I would hate to see you leave over a single comment right or wrong. :-x

Also, Aussie's have a different way of talking, much like the french, which can be easily seen as offensive....that kinda thing does not always come out well on the Internet where you can't get the true 'tone' of the message. Sad, but true :( I'm from the Caribbean, and I always have to watch what I say - it's easy to say things like how I usually speak, which may be offensive to others, but would be casual in conversation over here. That's the world of the typed-word on the internet for ya!

Damn Manning it's hard to see ya go. I appreciate all the insight and jokes you've given us and I wish you all well in life and the studio. :)

Keep saying it as it is mate

I missed that slight scrap in the other thread - so don't really know what was said (and presumably moderated out?) but it seems somewhat harsh to be put on an ASBO (anti social behavior order - a UK probationary term) for a year??? C'mon admin people .... a bit of bull in the Off Topic section is to be expected now and again surely?

The rule of law is important. I got dinged for antagonizing another forum member in that thread too, apologies to any I offended. I don't know what losing a point for a year means, but order must be maintained. Feel for you Manning.

Chopper!

laughing.gif

The rule of law is important. I got dinged for antagonizing another forum member in that thread too, apologies to any I offended. I don't know what losing a point for a year means, but order must be maintained. Feel for you Manning.

I also got a warning. I respect it, and feel poorly that I lost my composure (was kind of driven to it by the OP). But short of threatening someone physically (I haven't gone back to the thread to see what it was you said) a year seems pretty damn harsh. I hope they reconsider.

Back
Top Bottom