A better Badger 18

jsletner

Experienced
Ok so most of us probably realize the new FW is a major cool change. So I decided on a little test. I grabbed my Badger 18 and plugged in my guitar with an AB box split between my Accugroove/Crown FRFR rig and my Badger 18. Set the Axe to Badger 18, set the tone controls and drive the same. Left everything else at default and began experimenting with cab IRs. I quickly found 4x12 1960B. It was a little too big sounding so I dialed the cab size down to 0.613 and BAMM. It is dead on with my Badger.

I tried varying the drive and various volume controls on the Badger and the Axe simultaneously and the Axe stayed with it all the way. Total Badger 18 "in the room" sound.

But wait there's more. I tweaked the speaker settings a little and it now it sounds better IMO than my Badger. This is one of the reasons why Fractal is going to take over the market. The Axe doesn't just nail the sound of your favorite amps, but can improve on them if you so desire.

Now to get to work on the Dumble. A stock Dumble isn't good enough. I want to sound better than a Dumble. ROFLOL

Last thing, it will sound killer if you're listening to it through a good system.

Thanks Cliff for your hard work.

Edit: Patch download for those interested
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1115

Last edited:
lol, had the same results with the 5150 blockhead. I have(had) a 5150 up until approx 3 hours ago :) Loaded with fw 10 this morning I brought up the 5150 block, turned on the peavey 5150 combo and set up the tone controls exactly the same. All it took was a few minutes of tinkering and voila, almost the same exact tone and feel! The only obvious difference is the Peavey was pushing a little more air due to the 212, but other than that it was a dead match. I put the Peavey on cl and someone already picked it up. I am very happy I finally bought an axe fx!

I was just telling a friend of mine tonight how awesome 10 was and that i'd love to hear some reamp tracks of the axe and its real world counter parts.

For those of you who have the gear, time and desire, please do so.

Man! Awesome!!!
I so wish that this month my custom electric guitar comes.
I have been missing out on all the fun for quiet sometime. Almost a year to be quiet honest.

Back
Top Bottom