A, B, C, D knobs.... Why not?

In my opinion, if the Axe-Fx III were to have no screen or controls (and subsequently be a 1U unit), I'd be satisfied as I only use Axe-Edit. An optional control unit could be sold separately. t'd probably bring down the price of the Axe3 too.

I do not know how to build any thing like the axe fx(or how the magic is put inside), but I would guess the reason the a,b,c,d, knobs are not set to lets say b,m,t,v of an amp is because what amp would you want it set on? will every one want it on amp 1 or amp 2, will some want it on gain and input? I kinda like the way it is. I use it for mix on effects a lot, but not all presets have the same effects. as far as auto save , please no when some one goes to your rig and says wow is this an axe fx(wile they are turning the knobs) I will settle with save, enter, enter. It would how ever be really nice to have the ability to attach these directly to b,m,t, on a preset basis instead of using the edit alighnment trick we are all so good at.

I do not know how to build any thing like the axe fx(or how the magic is put inside), but I would guess the reason the a,b,c,d, knobs are not set to lets say b,m,t,v of an amp is because what amp would you want it set on? will every one want it on amp 1 or amp 2, will some want it on gain and input? I kinda like the way it is. I use it for mix on effects a lot, but not all presets have the same effects. as far as auto save , please no when some one goes to your rig and says wow is this an axe fx(wile they are turning the knobs) I will settle with save, enter, enter. It would how ever be really nice to have the ability to attach these directly to b,m,t, on a preset basis instead of using the edit alighnment trick we are all so good at.

Huh? Just have a global choice of what you want the A, B, C & D knobs to be...period. Endo story.

Maybe I'm missing something but, from what I understand, ABCD can be used per preset, BUT, they must be used as modifiers (not all parameters are available for this), and to be operated as modifier sources you have to navigate to the Control / Manual menu first.

When I first saw the "Quick Control" feature I thought it would be a lot more functional. Ideally, I'd like to:

1 - Assign any parameter to A,B,C, or D without using up a modifier.
2 - Not have to navigate to any menu first in order to operate them when I've assigned them.

It's not a big issue for me, and really does not take away from how fantastic I find this unit, but, given the expense of having 4 physical controls built into the box, I would have expected there to be more flexible / efficient ways of using them. There must be some internal hard limitation that is preventing this. Maybe we'll see an improvement in the next gen.

Back
Top Bottom