A $266 Tom Anderson Guitar?

Rich G.

Experienced
Huh??

A $266 Tom Anderson guitar? How can they do this???...
Algae Green Tom Anderson Guitar

Some interesting things to note:
* HSS pickup configuration. Hmmm. Never seen one of those before. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I've just not seen a TA guitar with that before.
* From Specs: Fingerboard Material: Ebony. Looks like maple to me.
* Serial number: 05-01-08N. Doesn't seem to match the guitar description per the Anderson site.
* Back of headstock: Made In California. Ummm... no.

Lol, I remember thinking the same thing when I first stumbled across that site looking "cheap guitar" a few years back. If you take a closer look, they've all got dead giveaways. Fake as fake can be... which is, uh, pretty fake I guess.

Besides , you don't get what's in the picture , but a raw fake model of that , can't even play it...

Wow, they're knocking off Anderson's now.....?!

Dead giveaway is that the neck pocket is not correct.
2008 would have his 2 bolt neck .....but would be a trapezoid shape neck heel.

Wow, they're knocking off Anderson's now.....?!

Dead giveaway is that the neck pocket is not correct.
2008 would have his 2 bolt neck .....but would be a trapezoid shape neck heel.

They're not only knocking off Andersons, but even some lesser known boutique guys as well. Kauer, Berumen, and others, complete with fake my work as well.

They go around the NAMM show taking pictures. The Kauer guitar pictured was a NAMM guitar as I recall.

Kauer Daylighter Express Supreme PROTO Electric Guitar price:$0 - Electric Guitars for sale
Product search_Berumen_Rare Electric Guitar - Custom Guitars Shop

Ugh. This is such a shame, and so hurtful to Tom & crew if anyone actually buys into this nonsense. :( :(

Absolutely... I posted this as sort of a service announcement... saying "how can they do this?" meaning how can anyone claim this is a true Tom Anderson guitar coming from California?? I know my Anderson guitars (see avatar). Hung out with the Man himself at his booth at NAMM last year (and hung out with Sean Ashe as well~ how y'doin, Sean? ;) ). This is no Anderson guitar. It's an abomination. Is there no legal recourse? Can lawsuits be filed over this??

I don't get why $200 les paul knock offs have nice ebony but you want a gibson with ebony -$6000 today for a supreme.

While this is all an abomination, and clearly unethical (although I don't think it's "illegal" until it crosses the border, at least in the states)...

...this doesn't hurt Tom, or Paul, or John, or that asshole running my beloved Gibson into the ground these days, at least not in a significant way. People looking for a $300 knockoff aren't in the market of those guys anyhow. It's an embarrassment for sure, that someone may see/hear/play on one of these and, unaware that it's a fake, think less of the actual manufacturers of the legitimate guitars, but if we're talking about the bottom line, I doubt any of the real builders are feeling the Chibson pinch.

Wanna be guitars for wanna be players? The really bad thing is when a naïve person gets took thinking its real & paying the real price.

the anderson site also says that given that SN it should be a cobra. I own several Andersons and the headstock is all wrong too. bad counterfeit

Back
Top Bottom