Wish A ‘where used’ function in FM3-Edit

Falcon75

Today I was looking for a presets on my FM3 that used a certain amp model. I was thinking that it would be nice to have some kind of ‘where used’ function.
For example, right-click on an amp, cab, or effect model opens a menu option that lists all presets that use that particular model. Then when you click the preset, it loads on you FM3.

Today I was looking for a presets on my FM3 that used a certain amp model. I was thinking that it would be nice to have some kind of ‘where used’ function.
For example, right-click on an amp, cab, or effect model opens a menu option that lists all presets that use that particular model. Then when you click the preset, it loads on you FM3.
I agree that it'd be nice and I've wished for it too, but I don't think it'd be fast unless they build a little database that contains information about every preset, and then it'd have to update it every time it loads the presets, unless there's a timestamp or checksum to confirm if there's been a change, and computing that'd take time....

Without knowing how Fractal constructed the internal representation of all the presets it's hard to say, but I definitely agree, it'd be wonderful to be able to search for specific blocks throughout the presets. Being able to search through the factory examples would be nice as there are useful hints on how to do things.

Back
Top Bottom