9.0 so whats your favorite high gain amp , now!

9.0 has really changed the game , as all of the high gain amps sound wicked now! im no longer sure what my favorite is , i seem to like them all now :D
das metal , recto red,orange,new, solo 100, 5150,...
everthing sounded very good before , but now this thing is off the hook ! its like a brand new ultra :shock:

SOLO 100 has now come to the front for me. I never paid any attention to it before. Its defaults sound glorious now.

brainstem3000 said:
9.0 has really changed the game , as all of the high gain amps sound wicked now! im no longer sure what my favorite is , i seem to like them all now :D
das metal , recto red,orange,new, solo 100, 5150,...
everthing sounded very good before , but now this thing is off the hook ! its like a brand new ultra :shock:
Out of these amps you mentioned, the Solo100 is my least favorite when listening via my headphones... I really liked the 5150 and the Recto Red.

There are way too many choices now they all sound spectacular now. Before I used to favor Engl model but after the v9 hit Soldano model is it for me.

Mik.

For leads it's still the Uber with a 808 or a filter block with a peek around 1.3 K - 1.5K before the amp. I like the xtc for crunch sounds. Chewy and juicy.

The Uber sounds better?

Were there changes to the Uber?

I'm going to be getting this firmware soon. I do have a question for the "Cliff-inator". How much difference was there between the schematics for the Ecstasies vs the real ones...

Cheeze said:
The Uber sounds better?

Were there changes to the Uber?

I'm going to be getting this firmware soon. I do have a question for the "Cliff-inator". How much difference was there between the schematics for the Ecstasies vs the real ones...

Dunno if the Uber is one of the "cold biased preamp stage" models....could be all in my head...?

Back
Top Bottom