80's Tokai Goldstar Sound Playing Little Wing w/ AxeFx 2 Q8.01

Awesome playing and tone. Really appreciate you sharing the patch and IR. You said the patch is nothing special, but it sounds fantastic. For whatever reason I had to cut each amp down -8db, because it was clipping. Maybe since I am using a Mk1 and the conversion from a XL+. Plugged my 40th Anniversary Strat in and instant bliss. Thanks again.

Awesome playing and tone. Really appreciate you sharing the patch and IR. You said the patch is nothing special, but it sounds fantastic. For whatever reason I had to cut each amp down -8db, because it was clipping. Maybe since I am using a Mk1 and the conversion from a XL+. Plugged my 40th Anniversary Strat in and instant bliss. Thanks again.
I found it odd that there was a filter block with +6dB Level, but it was not filtering anything (but also not a Null type)... The level overall was very loud for me, too :)

I found it odd that there was a filter block with +6dB Level, but it was not filtering anything (but also not a Null type)... The level overall was very loud for me, too :)

Filter: probably a conversion issues (Mk I/II > XL).
And IIRC Tyler lowers the gain in the Global EQ, which is why his presets are so hot.

And IIRC Tyler lowers the gain in the Global EQ, which is why his presets are so hot.

Yek's right. Global is turned WAY down. I noticed right away when i gigged with the AxeFx that the unit would be WAY too hot for the house board and by lowering the global it gave the soundmen a better range to work with without clipping

I'm using an XL+... Was the patch created on a mkII? I could try loading it with FracTool...

Also, it loaded as a "bundle" but was using different IRs than the one attached in the first post. Also, there was a mic sim on in the cab blocks... Not sure if that was supposed to be on or not?

Back
Top Bottom