AFIII 80s Synthwave/Retrowave track

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
Hey dudes! :)
I've just released my first ever synthwave track on Youtube :cool:🎧🚤🌴📼 Having some fun with synths and vintage drum machines!
This song is a tribute to my favorite action movies from the 80s, and was hugely inspired by composers like John Carpenter, Vince DiCola and Giorgio Moroder.

I'm using various synths, mainly ANA2 by Sonic Academy/Slate Digital, Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Dexed. Drums are a blend of LinnDrum samples + Yamaha RX21. All the guitar parts were recorded with the Axe-Fx III as usual (5150 block letter with LOTS of chorus and delay)!
Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
thank you all! So glad you like it, really means a lot! :D
Love it. Your bus compression is epic. What is that?
Thanks man! The main bus compressor I'm using is the Slate FG-Grey (10ms attack, fastest release, 4 to 1 ratio, hi-pass filter set to 50hz to let some of the lows go through, aiming for about 2/3db of compression when the snare hits), but what really takes it to the next level is this plugin, I absolutely love it (note you'll need the full version of Reaktor 6 to run it)...it's just the icing on the cake to get that 80s vhs/warping effect (@2112 check this out dude!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom