80's Rock Preset

Mesa770

Hello all, I have been searching my factory presets to no avail. I am playing with a band that does all 80's songs...from Quiet Riot to Blondie....Does anyone have a nice preset they can share a link to or suggestions on what to use to begin to build a good product for this genre.....Thanks much all....Rich

Check out LTs hair metal preset. He actually walks through building it on one of his videos, so you can see/hear how it comes together. It's a great preset.

Hello all, I have been searching my factory presets to no avail. I am playing with a band that does all 80's songs...from Quiet Riot to Blondie....Does anyone have a nice preset they can share a link to or suggestions on what to use to begin to build a good product for this genre.....Thanks much all....Rich

I would try the Atomica model in the Amp Block, paired with V30s or Greenbacks 4x12 Cab Block (there are quite a few factory cabs that sound great). I have listed some here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/plexi-50w-6ca7-killer-factory-cabs.165353/

As for the Amp Block settings go watch Leon Todd’s YouTube channel as he uses the Atomica amp often and he’s definitely able to get a great tone out of it.

Leon Todd did a 80’s ‘hair metal’ preset tutorial I very much like; I think that is a good starting point Too. It also gives an insight into the ins and outs of how set up (such) a preset. See his youtube channel.

Back
Top Bottom