• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

'80s Melodic Rock Inspired Track

phil36uk

Inspired
Excellent mate, I downloaded the patch, it does sound great but why all the filtering and EQ? Is it not do-able with using the eq in the cab and amp blocks.

Jason Scott

Fractal Fanatic
Excellent mate, I downloaded the patch, it does sound great but why all the filtering and EQ? Is it not do-able with using the eq in the cab and amp blocks.

The EQ in the amp block has a constant Q and is limited to 8 bands, and the basic tone controls in the amp / cab blocks only afford so much flexibility. PEQ's offer a surgical level of control and 5 bands per block. That said, if someone can cop the same tone without any of the PEQ or Filter blocks, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

Jason Scott

Fractal Fanatic
That's a fantastic sounding track - the rhythm tone the perfect modern take on an AOR guitar sound IMO.

I couldn't resist having a widdle over it with my Greco LP and a Sykes style preset I cooked up.

Wow, thanks for posting this, Leon! That's a truly excellent lead tone, and the playing is awesome. Love it.

virgil

Experienced
Leon,as always its a pleasure to hear you playing and to hear your guitar tones..any chance to post your solo patch( that you cooked for this impro) ,here ?
Thank you !

Fractal Fanatic
Leon,as always its a pleasure to hear you playing and to hear your guitar tones..any chance to post your solo patch( that you cooked for this impro) ,here ?
Thank you !

Check axechange for the Sykes preset I posted a while back

Top Bottom