80's hero's preset bundle interest?

I was testing your skills.. OK you pass. :p

LOL!!!! I got news for ya...I was testing my skills too! My girl is ready to shoot me..

I came down and nailed quite a few artists tonight and I'm like totally stoked now. Lynch, Vito, DeMartinni, and Nuno. It does you guys no good as it's done with my guitar and pups...but man, it's turning out really killer. I hope to have some samples up within the coming weeks. :)

What you need to do IMHO is create "How to videos". I learned a lot from your compressor video I stumbled on while cruising youtube when I 1st pickup my unit. You come across very well and explain well.. I know not enough time in a day.. Good luck!

What you need to do IMHO is create "How to videos". I learned a lot from your compressor video I stumbled on while cruising youtube when I 1st pickup my unit. You come across very well and explain well.. I know not enough time in a day.. Good luck!

I do those too for people that are in need of specific information. I teach audio stuff via video. For example, guys learning how to mix send me their songs and I mix them and show them what I do using video. I do it for recording techniques and any other "how to". All the videos are custom made for each person which is why you don't see much on my YouTube channel.

So if anyone ever needs anything specific that can be shown via video, that's part of my business. :)

I do those too for people that are in need of specific information. I teach audio stuff via video. For example, guys learning how to mix send me their songs and I mix them and show them what I do using video. I do it for recording techniques and any other "how to". All the videos are custom made for each person which is why you don't see much on my YouTube channel.

So if anyone ever needs anything specific that can be shown via video, that's part of my business. :)

I have been looking for this from the beginning when I bought my FX8 almost 2yrs ago now. I did not know. The forum kept telling us there would be more in depth videos to come then the AX8 dropped. Game over for FX8. I will take you up on this shortly. I spend more time since buying this tweaking then actually playing.. I would like to know more of how each effect (Delay,pitch,flange, ect.) works one at a time. There are so many knobs to tweak I get lost. Stay tuned.. Thx again...

I have been looking for this from the beginning when I bought my FX8 almost 2yrs ago now. I did not know. The forum kept telling us there would be more in depth videos to come then the AX8 dropped. Game over for FX8. I will take you up on this shortly. I spend more time since buying this tweaking then actually playing.. I would like to know more of how each effect (Delay,pitch,flange, ect.) works one at a time. There are so many knobs to tweak I get lost. Stay tuned.. Thx again...

I can definitely do something like this for you, as I work with effects and ways to apply them all the time. However, since this is more of an fx8 situation, I would be doing you an injustice without mentioning Chris@axefxtutorials. Look him up on the forum. He does incredible stuff and would really help you here.

I just knew it...inevitably (and here I go knowing full well that I will piss people off!) ....

Since it seems like you are quoting me, feel like I should reply. I have no problem paying for presets. I think Danny's VH preset is nothing short of genius(and Danny is a killer player). I'm sure it was a shit load of work, and I surely could not have done it myself. I'm just saying that $10/preset is a price range we have not been accustomed to seeing. Moke's free posted presets don't sound good in my rig so I'm not willing to take a change on the $10 ones. Also, it seems unfair to people like Fremen who have not been anywhere near this price range, and how many of us have benefited from his work? Anyway, keep your pants on and your tongue firmly in your cheek. I'll probably buy them even if they are "outrageously" priced ;)

P.S. Danny this has nothing to do with you. It's a discussion of preset pricing. You have been placed firmly in my list of hero's

It's all good brother. We're all passionate about this stuff. I don't think anyone means to single anyone out and I also think so much has been said, some guys are missing what's totally going on.

Just about everyone that has tried my vh preset has agreed it wouldn't fall into the $10 price range because you are getting 8 scenes, 2 cabs, numerous x/y effects and two amps. So I think we have established that this is the type of work you will get from me.

Next for those that are not having great results with already made preset packs, the fix for that for those he'll bent on authentic patches is, I create them custom just for that individual. This way it's made using your signal, your guitar, your pups, and your playing. So now I have those guys covered too and we all win.

But, it's not going to be $10 for a service of this magnitude. I'm going to go all out and create several scenes and multiple patches to try and cover an artist as in depth as possible.

I just did a bunch of Lynch patches that span 4 albums. So hopefully people would feel this is worth something if they are created using their gear/signal.

If not, I'm simply not the way to go for them. We can't lose with custom presets created and tweaked using your gear. It totally opens up new doors. I just want the most authentic patches ever to come out. I'm willing to work to achieve that for those who are willing to work with me. :)

If we work together, awesome. If not, I'm cool being a bud on the forum. I will be sharing some more free stuff as well. :)

Danny can you add Gilmour presets too? I would be more interested on tones from the Pulse concert CD than of the original recordings actually.

Danny can you add Gilmour presets too? I would be more interested on tones from the Pulse concert CD than of the original recordings actually.

Yeah I have no problems taking a stab at anything. As long as I can dissect the stuff good enough to create the sounds, I'm willing to try.

But again, I'm not going to create packs using my own guitar etc because they will not work for everyone. I'm going to release some audio of what I'm capable of and if someone wants something custom, I create it for them that way one on one.

If you are interested in a bunch of Gilmour tones for example, I'd work with you and see how many we could create for a set price etc.

It just doesn't really help to create presets on my gear other than to showcase what I can do because most times the preset will only work for me without someone extensively tweaking.

You have my attention with this quote !!

Got my attention too. I'm actually floored at how good these turned out, how much I don't like his tone anymore lol and how bad some of his tones actually were. Been a Lynch fan for years but more for his tone than.his playing. Some of the tones though....whew, bad all alone but they worked in the mix perfectly. :)

I have pretty powerful software that allows me to strip stuff away....when you peel some of the stuff back, it makes ya cringe. Some of this is killer though.

Got my attention too. I'm actually floored at how good these turned out, how much I don't like his tone anymore lol and how bad some of his tones actually were. Been a Lynch fan for years but more for his tone than.his playing. Some of the tones though....whew, bad all alone but they worked in the mix perfectly. :)

I have pretty powerful software that allows me to strip stuff away....when you peel some of the stuff back, it makes ya cringe. Some of this is killer though.

That's interesting ...... yeah some of his tones nearly sound "solid state", but Lynch is the man . That's the problem with tones , they are really set up for the particular mix . If any part of your mix changes (drum sound/bass sound/vocals) the tone may no longer work.

That's interesting ...... yeah some of his tones nearly sound "solid state", but Lynch is the man . That's the problem with tones , they are really set up for the particular mix . If any part of your mix changes (drum sound/bass sound/vocals) the tone may no longer work.

So true. That is probably one of the most requested videos I get in the recording field. They can't understand how their incredible guitar tone that rules all by itself can sound so bad in a mix of other instruments.

Yeah it does sound solid-state at times. What gets me the most is how phased it sounds due to mix placement. Like this boxy, mid range thing that the California metal guys all used to have in common. It's not a bad thing, just totally different than I thought it would be. Playing that tone still makes the hair on my arms stand up though. It's pretty cool. :)

The tone I hate the most is the Mr scary tone. It's definitely different especially with the pitch block.

Danny - I have no problem paying $10 a preset. If you can get a close re-creation of Lynch's tone from the first Lynch Mob then I would be estatic. I have been chasing that tone for years as I think it's his best.

Craig

So true. That is probably one of the most requested videos I get in the recording field. They can't understand how their incredible guitar tone that rules all by itself can sound so bad in a mix of other instruments.

Yeah it does sound solid-state at times. What gets me the most is how phased it sounds due to mix placement. Like this boxy, mid range thing that the California metal guys all used to have in common. It's not a bad thing, just totally different than I thought it would be. Playing that tone still makes the hair on my arms stand up though. It's pretty cool. :)

The tone I hate the most is the Mr scary tone. It's definitely different especially with the pitch block.

Yeah, tone is a bit of a rabbit hole LOL .......but really cool to learn about .

Danny - I have no problem paying $10 a preset. If you can get a close re-creation of Lynch's tone from the first Lynch Mob then I would be estatic. I have been chasing that tone for years as I think it's his best.

Craig

I'm not going to be doing $10 a preset though, bro. I don't know who said that in my regard, but I have never set a price. If you would like me to create a custom Lynch Mob patch for you, that's no problem. The price depends on what you want in the patch as well as how much work it takes for me to nail it to where you are happy.

There's no way I can spend the time and attention to detail I do on these and charge $10 for them. It simply wouldn't be worth it to me unless it was some sort of super scaled down version.Here's a Lynch Mob sample that sounds pretty close and I've not begun to tweak it like I did the VH patch. This is pretty scary for bare bones. But it's using my gear....your preset would be created using YOUR gear. Your phrasing, your DI signal, your guitar/pups...this way it will translate perfectly.

This isn't totally done, but you'll get the idea. AX8 right in, no bells or whistles. Two different sounds here. First few rhythm guitars are doubled, then right before the lead, one guitar using our enhancement. I know it's not perfect, but it's a good start to my ears. There are 4 more Lynch sounds plus effects that are actually further along than this one. But since you mentioned Lynch Mob, I figured I'd show you where I am so far.

Sorry I played like crap..had an operation on Tuesday and still on lots of meds.

I'm not going to be doing $10 a preset though, bro. I don't know who said that in my regard, but I have never set a price. If you would like me to create a custom Lynch Mob patch for you, that's no problem. The price depends on what you want in the patch as well as how much work it takes for me to nail it to where you are happy.

There's no way I can spend the time and attention to detail I do on these and charge $10 for them. It simply wouldn't be worth it to me unless it was some sort of super scaled down version.Here's a Lynch Mob sample that sounds pretty close and I've not begun to tweak it like I did the VH patch. This is pretty scary for bare bones. But it's using my gear....your preset would be created using YOUR gear. Your phrasing, your DI signal, your guitar/pups...this way it will translate perfectly.

This isn't totally done, but you'll get the idea. AX8 right in, no bells or whistles. Two different sounds here. First few rhythm guitars are doubled, then right before the lead, one guitar using our enhancement. I know it's not perfect, but it's a good start to my ears. There are 4 more Lynch sounds plus effects that are actually further along than this one. But since you mentioned Lynch Mob, I figured I'd show you where I am so far.

Sorry I played like crap..had an operation on Tuesday and still on lots of meds.

Finally a like....thanks ATR! I was beginning to think I tanked already! LMAO!

I appreciate everything you have said, and totally get why you feel the way you do.

But, without (hopefully) overstepping. The rational escapes me. Seems to me its like saying I am going to do an album and it took me 1000 hours to finish so I want to charge 1000 bucks a copy. Nobody or very few are going to buy it. Whereas if they are 15 to 20 bucks an album you will end up making 100 times more money.

Just me thinking out loud. (and then typing it here)

Back
Top Bottom