AFIII 80s Hair Metal w/ ML Sound Lab Mars Hair Metal cab pack

Amazing tone and playing!! Thank you for sharing it :)

On rhythms there's a touch of plate reverb from the Slate Verbsuite Classics, and Echoboy on the lead guitar!

Did you also apply some EQ or other post-processing at the DAW? The highs sound a bit harsh when I use your preset. I am playing with a RG550LTD with Suhr Aldrich, which is not too different from the Seyomour Duncan JB that I assume your Krammer has

Last edited:
For whatever reason, this reminded me of Vinnie Moore - Morning Star, but after listen to this, your composition and mix just blows it away. Bravo as usual.

Amazing tone and playing!! Thank you for sharing it :)

Did you also apply some EQ or other post-processing at the DAW? The highs sound a bit harsh when I use your preset. I am playing with a RG550LTD with Suhr Aldrich, which is not too different from the Seyomour Duncan JB that I assume your Krammer has
10K seems to high a starting point for a low pass in the preamp section of the Cab Block. I used to range from 5k-7k, but the last year I'll just set the low pass to 6666 and find what cabs I like from there. I do this because I usually end up adding quite a bit of a 12k or 15k high shelf on my mix buss to help the snare and cymbals "sing." This effects the rhythm's presence a lot.

I attach my retweaked version of the preset, with further processing. Thank you again, Rocco, for sharing the epic recording and the preset.

Hi-Cut is at 7k7 (rhythm) and 5k2 (lead) - 36dB/Oct. HQ Bipolar Preamp, EQ and a bit of Room at the CAB block, Delay and Plate Reverb. I've also inserted a Tape.

Attachments

• Friedman 80s Hair MG1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 91
Outstanding. Inspiring! I bought the cab pack and downloaded the preset. It's all set up and ready to go. Thank you!

That was just amazing! I could listen to that all day. Thanks for sharing the preset Rocco!

F_yeah! Takes me back to when I had this on the wall in my room!
1583627177840.png
I'm old and all the stuff you play is at the top of my favs list. My favorite contributer - such a great player as well as generous to the community. Fantastic tune. You make the track available on iTunes, Amazon, whatever, I'll pony up for it :)

Back
Top Bottom