80's Clean Tones Preset

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all, here is a preset for 80's clean tones which is just a dripping wet tone for all those 80's hits. I originally downloaded this preset from @Jason Scott, i added a cab that he put up for a more recent preset and created some scenes. I hope you dont mind @Jason Scott 😊

Here are a few riffs where i used this preset on my YouTube channel. Most of the time i didn't use the cab but its there for some low end if you want it.

Attachments

• MP 80's Clean.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 75
  • U1.0260_Null Cab.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 60
Very nice. :)

Just a quick note, you can actually remove the Cab block altogether. The Null IR is completely transparent and thus doesn't add any low-end itself, but if you add it to a Cab block, you can take advantage of certain features of the block to shape the tone. For example, I added it to my preset in order to add some low-end using the Proximity parameter; however, in this case, since Proximity is set to 0, the Cab block has no influence on the tone, though the output level is set to 4.9.

Last edited:
Very nice. :)

Just a quick note, you can actually remove the Cab block altogether. The Null IR is completely transparent and thus doesn't add any low-end itself, but if you add it to a Cab block, you can take advantage of certain features of the block to shape the tone. For example, I added it to my preset in order to add some low-end using the Proximity parameter; however, in this case, since Proximity is set to 0, the Cab block has no influence on the tone, though the output level is set to 4.9.
Hi Jason, oh okay, I thought I could hear a difference when I activated the cab block but maybe not, but yes very true you could up the proximity to add some extra low end. It’s a fun preset for that 80’s thing. Thanks mate 🙂

Back
Top Bottom