8 Strings Attack! longer, new version!

Re: 8 Strings Attack! (metal of course...)

thanx!

i'm getting closer and closer to the sound i like...

the solo is fun to play...

anyway,

thanx!

nico

i got a schecter damien elite... about 700$CND

I usualy use a Ibanez universe (7 strings) but i needed a backup for live show...

so i went for a 8 strings...

thanx for the nice comment!

Nico

I love the rhythm tone!

Post a patch or two if you don't mind. :roll:

I am having a difficult time getting a really good rhythm tone for my baritone.... It's the low tunings... So, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

it's my first recording with this patch, so i made it quite fast... I usualy use the MK IIc+ with my 7 strings, but for this one I used the recto new sims,

(with the v30 cab)

the key is to cut a lot of bass frequency in the guitar,

the bass (instrument) is doing the low end of the song and the kick drum adds the punch...

I always double track (except for most solos)
this help a lot in getting a fat tone,

I try keeping the gain to a minimum also, but I play with no pick ( fingers..weird thing...anyway...) so there is a point where I cant lower the gain anymore because my finger lack the attack to compensate... ( I hope u undestand what i'm saying... i usualy speak french canadian...)

adding a ts808 block in front of the amp is a must do, keep the gain at 0 and max the level.

I hope I helped a bit!

thanx for your kind words,

Nico

It sounds really good, but I can hear what appears to be a really high-pitched fizzyness on the rhythm guitar. Perhaps from a loose jack or a dodgy solder or something like that.
I'm guessing it's not intentional because to my ears it doesn't quite sit right but please tell me if it's deliberate.
It's more obvious around the 6-7 second mark of the piece, when all the other instruments cut out briefly.

I'd also be interested in the rhythm patch, as I'm looking at getting a 30" scale Agile in the next few months :cool:

hum... the fizz could be my audio card... i'm having trouble with it since I upgraded to windows 7...i'm using asio4all to bypass a bug, but then It created other stuff...or it could be in the keyboard sound...

the guitar tone alone sound like shit, the mix with the bass and drums is doing the magic here I think,

I got to go to an exam... (studying to become a Paramedic=hard exam)

i'll post some setting and a clip of the intro without the drum so u can ear the guitar better...

but! oh... i'm just thinking that, i'm still a 7.18 firmware... (i'm scared to upgrade... :oops: )

ok, here are the settings:

drv block: t808mod drive 0.71-tone 7.36-level 10-mix 100%-low cut 332.3-hi cut-1668
amp block: recto new- drive 3.27-bass 2.09-mid 5.28- treb (brt) 6.34- pres 1.34- deep 4.76- damp 8.03- sag 1.42- warmth 3.46- thump 3.39- low cut 100-hi cut 7312
Peq- freq 200- Q 0.825- gain -4.91- type shelving
Cab- 4x12 v30

voilà

any setting I didn't mention are stock...

nothing fancy or complicated...

sorry, I dind't had time to post a clip of the guitar sound alone...

remerber this is on 7.18...

thanx!

nico

I thoroughly enjoyed that! Killer rhythm going on. When I first saw the 8-string guitars I have to admit that I thought it was getting ridiculous. After listening to your tune, I get it now. :cool:

Awesome dude :)
Hey, if you haven't already heard of him, check out the artist Chimpspanner (Paul Ortiz). You guys share a lot compositionally.

thanx acwil!

I just listen to Chimp Spanner's myspace... super cool stuff, remind me a bit of Meshuggah (probably cause of the 8 strings...) but then some electro prog stuff too, really nice.

anyway,

thanx again!

Nic

Nic,

This is really fun, and different than the same ole' same ole'.....

Post the AxeFx Patch?

Back
Top Bottom