8-string song made with FW10

Guitarjon this track is great! the snare stands out - in a good way. It sounds so good, makes it unique. It's spanky without that 80's reverb,hehe. it sounds like a concrete snare, so heavy and crisp. the part from 2:49 is awesome! so raw and take no prisoners!

I find it interesting this thing about the loudnesswar, when I saw the waveform before I hit play I kind of braced myself for something really "challenging" for my ears. not necessarily for a bad thing, just in the same way you hold on to the piece of metal when heading over the peak in a rollercoaster.

but this was not challenging at all. It's not sharp or so loud that my ears fall off. It's just so balanced and "round" that it's comfortable even when the waveform looks like that. You sir, make a great example of how to make a good mix. thank you.

Last edited:
Guitarjon this track is great! the snare stands out - in a good way. It sounds so good, makes it unique. It's spanky without that 80's reverb,hehe. it sounds like a concrete snare, so heavy and crisp. the part from 2:49 is awesome! so raw and take no prisoners!

I find it interesting this thing about the loudnesswar, when I saw the waveform before I hit play I kind of braced myself for something really "challenging" for my ears. not necessarily for a bad thing, just in the same way you hold on to the piece of metal when heading over the peak in a rollercoaster.

but this was not challenging at all. It's not sharp or so loud that my ears fall off. It's just so balanced and "round" that it's comfortable even when the waveform looks like that. You sir, make a great example of how to make a good mix. thank you.

Wow, thanks a lot for your kind words!
Glad you liked it.
The steven slate plug-ins help a lot, you should check them out!
Im using the console emulation and tape emulation, and they are great for adding a little depth and warmth to a mix.

Have to say the same, really well mixed. Not muddy or too compressed (I tend to compress too much)
Sounds very even and nice tone :)

Back
Top Bottom