Implemented 8 scenes that you can change parameters.

josephyballew

Inspired
The reason for channels is to be able to change parameter whereas scenes just turn effects off and on. You could do away with channels or just have 8 channels also if you make each scene be able to change parameter also, then there will be no need for channels or if that is too much to program just 8 scenes and 8 Channels. This would also do away with channels it would appear to me. 8 scenes 0 channels with scenes saving all changes or 8 Scenes and 8 channels.

What if you want the flexibility to switch between some different amp settings while keeping all your other effects states active it bypassed?

That seems like it would require channels to have that real-time flexibility. Scenes would require programming and copying wouldn’t it ?

Combining channels with scenes gives even more flexibility and creative control, but I think there are good reasons for having both.

Between Scene Controllers and Channels, I have yet to encounter a situation I could not cover.
Matt, I haven't begun to mine the possibilities. Totally agree. Of course, as soon as you build a 300 mph car, someone will "need" 301. It's a rabbit hole.

Not to hijack, in reference to the OP I would suggest that the reason for channels was to offer a solution to a problem that Cliff thought needed addressing. Channels, in combination with scenes, in combination with scene controllers, in combination with presets gives more options than I've ever experienced. You can think of the Axe FX as 1 preset with 384 infinitely controllable scenes, if you'd like. I will speak for myself so as not to appear confrontational, as this is surely not intended as such, and say that it is more likely my methods need to expand more than the options in this box. Of course, opinions do vary.

Between Scene Controllers and Channels, I have yet to encounter a situation I could not cover.
I do agree, but it makes sense to have the same amount of channels to scenes. 8 scenes is fine just need 4 more channels so you can change all parameters in all 8 scenes.

I am not complaining, just summiting what make sense to me. I don't care to add different effects or more than two amps, I just want to change the parameters of what effects and amps I have in the preset in all 8 scenes. It is just common sense to me. I am not asking to change effects or amp, which is what channels offer more. If you could just make the scenes save changed parameters only on the effects blocks in the preset. I love that you can use two amps, but wouldn't it be nice if you could have grauated gain levels, increase reverb size, delay regenerations, or change flange setting only on the effects you have there already in all 8 scenes. You can then use the 4 channels to add new things that are not in the preset which I get.

I am not complaining, just summiting what make sense to me. I don't care to add different effects or more than two amps, I just want to change the parameters of what effects and amps I have in the preset in all 8 scenes. It is just common sense to me. I am not asking to change effects or amp, which is what channels offer more. If you could just make the scenes save changed parameters only on the effects blocks in the preset. I love that you can use two amps, but wouldn't it be nice if you could have grauated gain levels, increase reverb size, delay regenerations, or change flange setting only on the effects you have there already in all 8 scenes. You can then use the 4 channels to add new things that are not in the preset which I get.
Please read the manual regarding Scene Controllers. They've already been mentioned, and will most likely resolve what you are trying to address.

Please read the manual regarding Scene Controllers. They've already been mentioned, and will most likely resolve what you are trying to address.
I have read the manual fully what there is of it at this point. Scenes turns things off and on and Channels lets you change parameter and add new effects or amps. It would just be nice to be able to change parameters on all 8 scenes.

I have read the manual fully what there is of it at this point. Scenes turns things off and on and Channels lets you change parameter and add new effects or amps. It would just be nice to be able to change parameters on all 8 scenes.

As unix-guy stated, read about Scene Controllers.

I did not have the correct understanding of scene controllers. It is much better than I expected. See if I have this correct. You have 8 scenes of which you can have up to 4 different scene controllers per scene change only 4 parameters of a given effect. Does this mean I can still change everything in Channels?

I did not have the correct understanding of scene controllers. It is much better than I expected. See if I have this correct. You have 8 scenes of which you can have up to 4 different scene controllers per scene change only 4 parameters of a given effect. Does this mean I can still change everything in Channels?
The same Scene controllers can also be assigned to multiple controls.

Channels can have completely different settings.

I would suggest that the reason for channels was to offer a solution to a problem.

I think it is more about extending a good thing. When I explain channels to an Axe-Fx II person, I say it like this. "Like XY, only more. And better." Channels (A,B,C,D) take everything that was good about the old system and improve upon it. More blocks have more channels, and they're faster too. "XY on steroids."

Yes, Scene Controllers are on top of channels.

Thanks for everyone's help. I like channels so much more than scene controllers. I feel like with 8 channels that I would not need scene controllers except for complex stuff. With the channels, you just change things and save it. With the controllers you have to figure percentages and such which is fine but way more steps and calculations. I am a hard core tweaker and it all works great the way it is. I don't think that I could ever have a case that I could not program. 8 Channels would shorten that. I would bet that is the way it is heading. Can you imagine being a programmer for Fractal and finishing a unit, but have to constantly change it. I have a Computer Science degree and was required to take multiple classes in programming. I did make A's in all my classes, but I knew that I did not want to be a programmer and write code 8 hours a day. It is very stressful because things don't work correctly more than work correctly when writing a program. You have to work out bugs and that is all these guys do for 8 hours a day. They are a better men than me. I thank them all for their hard work.

Back
Top Bottom