• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

8 Pin MiDI cable?

bstoner

Inspired
I have an 8 pin midi cable from a mesa boogie footswitch. I was wondering if i removed the middle pins would that work to carry power from the axe to the mfc and work correctly?

Or might that damage the axe or the mfc?

thanks

b

bstoner

Inspired
FYI: I went ahead and removed the middle pin from the boogie 8 pin foot switch cable making the cable a 7 pin and it works perfectly with the axe and the mfc.

Good Stuff

mejoshee

Inspired
i think same goes for 8-pin panel jacks if you have trouble finding 7-pins. they should do in a pinch from places like mouser or digikey that might be out of stock. they just add the 8-pin on top, iirc, so it has compatibility with 7-pin. bstoner, i'm sure has an idea of this now.

Top Bottom