8.9 MB ...

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Just 8.944.976 bytes ... *
That's the size of the entire Axe-Fx III firmware on disk (before decompression in the unit).
Delivering the best of the best algorithms, models, UI etc.
Somehow I find that amazing.

* I'm not even sure if that includes or excludes all factory cabs.

Last edited:
Truly a remarkable distinction in today’s world every Flippin “lightweight” app is double triple or an order of magnitude larger

The Amiga was THE best personal computer ever. It was so ahead of its time. Not even Apple has been able to capture that experience. RIP Commodore.

Yes and wonderful games on a 720kb disk

Yes, yes, yes....I loved the Amiga and also considered it way ahead of it's time. It had dedicated sound and video processors which made PC's, at the time, look like dinosaurs. I was doing audio sampling, on a computer that had 256 colors, on a hardware platform years before that stuff hit the PC world.

The Amiga was an amazing computer for creative, and recreational, tasks, and was simply a TON of fun; PC's were what you found at the bank, or in an office...you know, where you had to do work heh.

I had an Amiga 2000 with the PC-bridgeboard (a hardware card with an Intel/PC chipset) which was the best of all worlds. I still have my Amiga 500 downstairs. I graduated to that from a Commodore PET 4032, which, at the time, was another fantastic computer.

I traded my 2000 for a Korg MIDI-guitar pickup/system in the mid-to-late 90's. Commodore was pretty much done, and I remember that was a sad day...I finally had to succumb to a PC, kicking and screaming all the way.

I hold very fond memories of using Commodore hardware and discovering all sorts of new things. I thought it was simply amazing that you could program the 6502 in assembly language; that direct, pedal-to-the-metal ability appealed to my 'inner-Spock' like nothing else.

Good times....

We had an Amiga 1000 then the full Amiga 2000. Amazing machines. I had a flight program F-119 (iirc), that was so superior to anything that was around at the time. Hell, might still be better than most.

Back
Top Bottom