8.01a effect block retrieve glitch?

guitardoc

Experienced
Hi there,

Last night I retrieved the drive block from factory preset 298 (which I restored before from Axe on-board-memory) in one of my own presets. The sound was awful if you can call it a sound at all. After being at a loss for a while I realised that the sample rate (48,000Hz in preset 298 ) had changed to 0Hz in my preset during retrieving. I tried it several times, switched the Axe off and back on - always the same result. To check the behaviour with another effect I retrieved amp1 from the same preset (factory preset 298 ) but received the effect block with a similar glitch: dynamics (which is +50% in preset 298 ) changed to -50% during retrieving. Some other parameters might have changed too but I didn't peruse.

Can anyone else verify this? Is there a glitch somewhere in 8.01a or is it just me being too stupid?

No, I did not use AxeEdit at any time during this procedure (in fact I haven't used AxeEdit for weeks - the last time I used it was for updating to FW8.01a and after that never touched it again).

I did update my MFC to FW2.13 just before that and had some serious problems with it too (see http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-discussion/58501-glitch-2-13-a.html). Could this be related and - more important - how can it be remedied?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks for pointing this out. I think it is an old bug that we fixed re-emerging in a new manner. We'll take a look at it.

Back
Top Bottom