7CM for stereo?

Yes no problem with my two h&k 25th anniv. Combo's. But I didnt use it for long because they sound better with all effects in the pre-amp

Anyone running 4CM to two separate amps (7CM) to run in stereo? Seems so obvious but...
I run dual fender hot rod deluxe amps. No problem. Currently I'm using drives and reverb in the fx8. So the amp are running clean. Made a pair of snakes with parts from repco as others here recommended. I also have a sy300 in the return of one of the amps. It's good.

But what?

I just don't seem to hear about it very often. Thought maybe it wasn't being used from r some reason.

I run dual fender hot rod deluxe amps. No problem. Currently I'm using drives and reverb in the fx8. So the amp are running clean. Made a pair of snakes with parts from repco as others here recommended. I also have a sy300 in the return of one of the amps. It's good.

Cool. Sounds good. I thought there might be some possible ground loop noise issues.

I agree. I'm considering the setup with Mesa TC-50 and Mark 5:25. Both through 2x12 cabs.

Can the FX8 send both a midi message and relay switch at the same time? The Mark 5:25 uses relay, while the TC-50 uses MIDI.

I do not know that MIDI question. Relays switch know problem. I can have both amps switch independently. i.e. amp1 can switch to ch1 and amp 2 to ch3 at same time on a preset or scene.

After thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the FX-8 can send MIDI and relay at the same time. Looking forward to getting it. Supposed to be here Monday I think.

Yes Fx8 will send MIDI and relay switching at the same time. I use MIDI for my TC50 and relays for a couple of Suhr drives. Works great.

Stereo rig here with 7CM! Works like a charm. Running two Mesa 25w amps (Mini Rec and Mark V:25). I just play at home (weekly jams), but if I were a gigging guitarist, I would just use one or the other on stage. The stereo effects are still sent to both channels, even when I use a VOL block to select one amp or the other via the pan param (first in the chain). I have one preset that lets me pan between the amps with an expression pedal. Now, THAT is pretty cool. I'm also using scene controllers to set the pan for switching between amps AND effects with scenes. The routing flexibility is second to none!

My FX8 got here yesterday. I set up the 7CM with the TC-50- and Mark V:25. There were a few minutes of confusion until I read the manual, then went into the I/O page and set the Input 2 to stereo. So far so good. I only had a few minutes to noodle as it was getting late, but the preliminary results are great.

Once you get your setting down go back threw the factory presets. Some of them will surprise you..
Good luck..

Back
Top Bottom