72 hours without electricity

What? Virginia King Ralph's offshore windmills and solar panels aren't working for you (they're all frozen in Texas)? We're alright in Southeastern, Virginia... But, as we speak, I'm packing up my home and heading/retiring to Sarasota/Venice, Florida to live... I'm retired and tired of Winter. Good Luck!

So far so good here in KS. We got down to -14 last night. Hoping to not be included in the rolling blackouts they are implementing in the midwest to conserve power.

What? Virginia King Ralph's offshore windmills and solar panels aren't working for you (they're all frozen in Texas)? We're alright in Southeastern, Virginia... But, as we speak, I'm packing up my home and heading/retiring to Sarasota/Venice, Florida to live... I'm retired and tired of Winter. Good Luck!
It’s not about power generation, it’s about the millions of pounds of ice accumulation that dropped trees into power lines and blew hundreds upon hundreds of transformers. Yeah, Ralph’s an idiot, but post hoc ergo propter hoc in this case.

Windmills and solar work great in cold weather. That ain’t the problem

Where I live we are at the tail-end a 10-day cold snap where it was -35C at night and never warmed up past -20C in the day.

Right now it's a balmy -10C and I feel like putting on my shorts and going for a walk heh...

No power issues or ice though...good thing. Cold weather and snow, etc. are nasty but ice storms are a whole other level of pain and destruction; just carnage on the power lines/grid....and driving.

our power was been out since Sunday night, just came back on a few minutes ago...now we have no water. Cell service has been pretty much nonexistent as well.

We got just over 6 inches of snow Sunday night and hit a 30+ year low of 5 degrees F last night here in the south Austin area. Texas is not equipped for this kind of weather for any extended period of time. We've had rolling blackouts for 2 days now and many folks have been without power the whole time. Fortunately we've got food and water and the power comes on often enough to keep pipes from freezing. Stay safe and warm out there folks!

Back
Top Bottom