$700 New Guitar with OFR and Seymour Duncan pups

MojoBodies

Inspired

Ok, its not the best looking guitar and who know where it was made at and the name is well uhhh... Sawtooth... MAB has been pimping the crap out of Sawtooth.
I'll admit I'm too skeptical and too vain to buy one. Call me curious though... Anyone try any of the Sawtooth stuff? Apparently they make Guitars, Amps, Drums and more.
Amazon product ASIN B08JX3Q6KC

All these types and price points are all made in the same or similar factories. Whoever pays the most gets the loyalty. I would imagine they are ok. The one I saw at namm was ok.

God, I love, love, love the idea of the ES Hybrid. I doubt you could at all trust the quality at that price, but holy crap, if you found one with good bones you could really add your favorite set of humbuckers as well as your favorite set of single-coils... But by doing that you'd be throwing a lot of money on top, especially for something that started at that price. But the possibilities! It fulfills a personal thing for me: having a superstrat with two volume pots and two tone pots. Such a great thing. I digress. 🤤

Guitar aside, that EVH medley is the best I've ever seen Batio play. He actually seemed to have emotion and enjoy playing.

God, I love, love, love the idea of the ES Hybrid. I doubt you could at all trust the quality at that price, but holy crap, if you found one with good bones you could really add your favorite set of humbuckers as well as your favorite set of single-coils... But by doing that you'd be throwing a lot of money on top, especially for something that started at that price. But the possibilities! It fulfills a personal thing for me: having a superstrat with two volume pots and two tone pots. Such a great thing. I digress. 🤤
that thing looks crazy
1613837380727.png

The humbuckers aren't where they belong physically, wonder how it actually sounds in the different positions. Outside of that, and the potential Brand-X quality factor, I love the idea.

The humbuckers aren't where they belong physically, wonder how it actually sounds in the different positions. Outside of that, and the potential Brand-X quality factor, I love the idea.
Yeah, I thought about that with the HB placement, but I also thought that, for the neck, since this is a 22 fret guitar, it would be in the spot for a 24 fret guitar. No problem there; in fact, moving a little toward the bridge increases brightness, which, to me, only helps clear up mud for the neck. For the bridge, I would think moving a little away from the bridge would yield more meat and tamer high miss, which could make it balance so much better! I’m just guessing here, but that was my admittedly potentially bullshit conclusion. 😉 On the other hand, pickup manufacturers spend so much effort getting the response just right for traditional placement, maybe this would throw that out of whack. Damnit if I still don’t want one.

One more thing about this ES hybrid: I’ve read about 3 humbucker guitars being terrible for getting in the way of your picking. This would be even worse in that way, and it definitely gives me pause.

Right now I have an incredible set of Duncan Saturday Night Specials that I split individually, and it’s covering everything I want.

Back
Top Bottom