700+ Naked Amps TonePack for AX8 Release

Writing this for people perusing this forum that may not be aware of the new product...also put into original post /OP:

Please note, Have released a new AX8 DREAM RIGS 1000+ Tonepack that is both a larger content and more expansive effects version than the 700+ Naked Amps version. You may want to see that thread here before deciding which TonePack best fits your needs.

- AustinBuddy

Here is a comparison of the Dream Rigs 1000+ TonePack for AX8 Features versus the 700+ Naked Amps that may be helpful. Attaching the .pdf comparison file here.

Then I will post two screen shots of the content, probably first half here and then next separate post since can't fit screen shot into one .jpg.

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 10.31.39 AM.png

Attachments

• Comparison of Dream Rigs to Naked Amps.numbers.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: Rex
One thing about levels jumping around is you will find some amps are VERY sensitive to input dynamics, and others are pretty compressed and output consistently.

For an example of sensitive amps, try the Tweed Princeton or the Shiva Clean. You will see that needle jump all over the place as you hit chords, and depending on single coil or humbuckers. So when I get to those I have to "average" it best I can knowing that if I hit them too hard to set the level, they will sound too low, and vice versa...

The Cleans-Only are more optimized for humbucker in version 10.x. In prior versions, they were dialed in on the neck of telecaster and they need a nice boost -- either raise input trim to 1.5 or add a Micro Boost drive block with gain set between 2.0 and 3.5 and they fatten up nicely.

Enjoy!

Also having some issues with levels using the Naked tonepack presets. I normally set the presets to be fairly loud, but not clipping the output on the AX8. Besides the VU meter, is there other options to help with getting the levels set across presets\scenes?

Also having some issues with levels using the Naked tonepack presets. I normally set the presets to be fairly loud, but not clipping the output on the AX8. Besides the VU meter, is there other options to help with getting the levels set across presets\scenes?

Watch this on setting up hardware (there are two ways to set up the output) and then watch this which talks about how to level and gain stage presets.

Back
Top Bottom