700+ Naked Amps TonePack for AX8 Release

Hey Austin, I bought your pack and so far it’s great!! I was wondering if there’s somewhere that cross references the amp names on the AX8 to the PDF you include with the names of the actual names of the amps it’s emulating? For example AX8 amp model Brit 800 = Marshall JCM 800. Thanks, Boz

Hey Austin, I bought your pack and so far it’s great!! I was wondering if there’s somewhere that cross references the amp names on the AX8 to the PDF you include with the names of the actual names of the amps it’s emulating? For example AX8 amp model Brit 800 = Marshall JCM 800. Thanks, Boz

Hi Boz52:

The very best guide for what you want is Yek's Amp Guide, which you can download for free on the forum here.

If you check the Axe Wiki, there is a long webpage list with amp pictures of each amp -- that is probably what you want - it is here.

If you use AX8-Edit, you will see the real amp's name in the preset window, but underneath that you see the Fractal amp name for X and Y amps.

I don't have or include a "map" of Fractal amp name to real amp name. But I DO include a Drive Block "cheat sheet" guide that maps drive blocks to real pedals. That again came from Yek's excellent work and his Drive Block Guide.

There are multiple links to various Fractal Audio resources here. Not a complete list but helpful.

Hope that helps!

Hi everyone: From another post in this forum about using the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack for the AX8 Live, but pasting the info here too...

So this is a kind of sneak announcement...but it is germane to the thread topic of using AX8 presets live. While a lot of attention is being paid to the AXE-Fx III deservedly, I've not forgotten about the AX8.

I've spent the last few months and hundreds of hours developing a NEW special "Dream Rigs" TonePack.

It's aimed specifically for AX8 LIVE playing, with most presets all dialed in new, under firmware 10.1 from scratch, so includes new sounds not covered in 700+ pack. It will include various effects and a few special tricks.

I've been dialing it all in loudly/stage volume, in mono with my Atomic CLR behind me (to me back) about 12 feet away just like on stage, so it feels and responds like a real amp. I've been using my Zappa SG, but also using a Suhr Strat and aa Tele to check single coils sounds as I go. Also using a detuned PRS for the modern/heavy amps...

This new pack will give you a clean, low gain, medium/rhythm, and high gain or lead tone for almost every amp model, along with various boosts built in plus a "Kicker - single coil boost" to compensate for a guitar change on a presets, and include a nice albeit limited extra effects block library to try out.

I'm hoping to have it ready before Thanksgiving for you. My beta testers are very pleased with it. Anyone who bought a 700+ Naked Amps Pack will get a price discount as well. This TonePack is much better organized, uses X/Y effects blocks, and is designed so there is a methodology to follow to help you more easily assemble your own "dream rig(s)" from the preset choices, designed for Live use.

It also records nicely too. I can't say much more just yet, but will soon, so stay tuned! Now, back to the studio...:)

Will this be released for both the AX8 and the II?

Terry.

It’s designed/made to take advantage of the Ax8 footswitches to produce tones.

After Ax8 one is done I will do a version for the XL+/XL that can work with an MFC101.

The Mark II has fewer factory cabs (only 133) so that takes longer as I have to make compromise cab substitutions.

Just a heads up that, for the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber-Monday sales weekend, the AX8 700+ Naked Amps TonePack goes on sale for $49 (regular price $59) starting Wednesday November 21 until Tuesday November 28 (day after Cyber-Monday).

The sale will end then and return to normal $59 pricing.

The sale is open to everyone (not just prior customers) and no coupon is needed.

I am using "days" as defined by my local time in US -- Austin, Texas Central Standard Time.

If you miss it, there will probably be another one week sale around Christmas.

So now the difficult decision, wait for the dream rigs, or buy the naked amps while its on sale.

Have you announced the dream rigs price?

Hi GuitarGuyLP:

Me? I'd wait for the Dream Rig pack. While it won't cover every single amp channel, it will cover most and will give you four presets per amp, plus effects.

The Dream Rigs pack will be $99 normal price (which includes up to two future updates) -- but, as I always do when I launch a new product, I'll do a week long introductory discount price when I launch soon -- probably for $79 ($20 off).

Sorry for delay, just have to finish the product, taking a week or two longer than planned. This weekend I have an EXPERT prog. metal player coming over to help me fine-tune the "Heavy Amps" bank I've dialed in; he is bringing his 7 string (I don't own one).

Expert metal player for the heavy amps....That has my interest!!!! I play a lot of heavy stuff, but also enjoy a good variety of vintage tones. It sounds like it will be worth the wait!!!

A very nice thing happened this month...had to share.

TrueFire guitar teacher, former Berklee teacher and general bad-ass New York area guitar player Chris Buono discovered my 1000+ Naked Amps Tonepack for the Axe-FX III and he loved them. Chris and I had met some years back at a Dweezilla music camp through Dweezil Zappa.

Chris used the 1000+ Naked Amps Tonepack exclusively in creating three new teaching courses he shot at TrueFire's video studio in Florida. Thee TrueFire studio's Axe-Fx III is now loaded up with the 1000+ Naked Amps (thanks Tommy!) and visiting artists will be selecting and using these preset tones for their future TrueFire courses.

Here's Chris's video testimonial. The video excerpt taken with permission from a TrueFire Live broadcast Chris did, and I put it together. See anyone else you know in here? <wink>

All your ongoing TonePack compliments and good wishes along with testimonials like Chris's mean the world to me - thank you so much! This is the greatest digital amp modeler on the planet, and it allows the democratization of great tone to everyone who can afford to buy it! My TonePacks make it easier to quickly find the tones that help inspire players like you, just like they did for Chris! Cheers!

Single coil players:

So I am outting together a single coil only set of presets for the new 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack product for the AX8. Half of it are various Fender amps work well with a Strat or Tele. Will out a JTM45 in there too. Each amp will have four presets, in various clean to more gain stages.

Question: Are there any modern or boutique amps you guys think are “essential” to have single coil presets for?

DC-30 is one... Maybe the Ford Dumble (killer Tele clean)....

I have space in the bank for about 10 or twelve more amps in this single coil bank — so what amps do you single coil players recommend I create single coil presets for, that would be useful for gigs? Thanks in advance!

Single coil players:

So I am outting together a single coil only set of presets for the new 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack product for the AX8. Half of it are various Fender amps work well with a Strat or Tele. Will out a JTM45 in there too. Each amp will have four presets, in various clean to more gain stages.

Question: Are there any modern or boutique amps you guys think are “essential” to have single coil presets for?

DC-30 is one... Maybe the Ford Dumble (killer Tele clean)....

I have space in the bank for about 10 or twelve more amps in this single coil bank — so what amps do you single coil players recommend I create single coil presets for, that would be useful for gigs? Thanks in advance!

Thanks so much for asking! My go to rigs are both Friedmans: Dirty Shirley for clean/dirt, and Brown Eye for distortion. It'd be cool to get your take on those. Another really interesting one would be the Marshall Silver Jubilee, a-la Wayne Krantz.

Back
Top Bottom