700+ Naked Amps TonePack for AX8 Release

Ha - yes it will better with a Cab "on." Thanks for the catch! I re-did all the Bonus presets last night, not sure how that happened... Sorry about that.

And another duplicate bank 3 copy got caught in the Zip file for Bank 4 - removed that.

All these things are now fixed in the next 15 minutes and you can download again.

If you guys spot others, let me know. It's a one person operation doing 700 presets, so inevitably something may get missed, I do 2 to 3 passes through each preset trying to catch it all.

No worries at all. Thanks for the quick response. This tone pack is GREAT. I was hesitant, but it's money well spent. And I've only scraped the surface.

I've just manually linked a dozen new accounts to past orders, so if you recently created an account you should be able to login and see the 10.0 download version for AX8 available...

Last edited:
I would be great if someone who has already downloaded from their account could re-download the Q10.0 AX8 update I just put in. It should fix No Brown M&Ms preset Cab being off, and also add in Bank 2 (Modern) the missing bank 48 with the Mesa-Boogie amps.

Here are screen shots of the presets and what it should look like. Sometimes I find the order for some customers get scrambled in the Ax8-Edit browser window even when you try the re-sort by order added option. This may help, so you see how I set it up on mine.

View attachment 48909 View attachment 48910 View attachment 48911 View attachment 48912 View attachment 48913 View attachment 48914 View attachment 48915

Thanks AustinBuddy for the great update.

I downloaded the update again and now it seems to be perfect.
Thank you also for the screen shots.

Best regards to you

Hey Austin, just got your preset pack for the AX8. One question I had - what are the effects blocks for in the presets? I haven't actually used that "block" before in anything. Oh, and the other question that popped up when I pulled up the Allman preset was how to do the Global Pitch adjustment? Can that only be done on the unit and not through AX8-Edit?

Hey Austin, just got your preset pack for the AX8. One question I had - what are the effects blocks for in the presets? I haven't actually used that "block" before in anything. Oh, and the other question that popped up when I pulled up the Allman preset was how to do the Global Pitch adjustment? Can that only be done on the unit and not through AX8-Edit?

Hi Murdox:

I think you mean the FX LOOP block? That is a "tap" of the signal right off the amp - so it sends a signal out to a power amp and real life cab through output 2, as some people like to use that method. If you look at the README it describes it. It's not always going to sound right, because running a little tweed champ into a real life 4x12 Marshall is not going to sound like a little tweed, but you get the concept! :)

Second question: In the BONUS Classic Rock & Blues TonePack README document it comes with, on the listed AllMyBrothers preset on that sheet (for Jessica harmony, and the Live Fillmore tone) -- it tells you what note values for each interval to set up the global custom harmony (otherwise you just get octaves as default - no good!).

That has to be done by each user, manually.To see how to set it up, see this video on Youtube I made that walks through the presets' construction. Good tutorial overall on using that function too. Hope that helps!

So with you using a guitar with hum buckers in it this time. How does it sound with single coil tele and strats? I am about to update tonight finally.
Actually the prior TonePacks have all been dialed in for humbuckers, EXCEPT the original cleans-only bank, which was dialed in on my Tele Neck pickup. The new cleans-only bank for 10.0 was re-dialed in for humbuckers.

For any patch where you feel like single coils sound a little weak, just raise the amp input trim to 1.3 and that will fatten it up. Alternatively, use the Micro-Boost drive block at default with drive set between 2 and 3.5. Both techniques bring the guitar output of a single coil close to a humbucker level ouput into an amp. But lots of people using single coils like it just fine “as is”!

Last edited:
Just some housekeeping:

A reminder that the 10.0 firmware versions for the AX8 700+ Naked Amps TonePack are available for download for past customers now.

Have gone through the database and as of 2:00 PM CST today linked any recent accounts created after original orders were placed. You should be able to login to your account and see versions for 8.02, 9.02 and 10.0 all available to you to download.

If you login and don't see anything, then make sure the email in your account created is the same one you used when you bought the TonePack.

If you can't login, then you need to create an account/login/password. I will then go back and manually attach your old order to the new account.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. It's 100+ degrees here in Austin -- so I will be in my studio playing guitar all weekend! :)

Although this thread is for the AX8, I could not resist sharing Cooper Carter's awesome demo video featuring an example riff or song snippet using every amp channel modeled in the Axe-Fx III! So proud -- every preset uses a preset/scene from the AustinBuddy 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack!!! Cooper just added his own effects for a few of them.

Check it out here:

Cooper is running a contest until 9/4/2018 (which, as a reminder, is also when the "save20" check-out coupon discount to buy the 1000+ Axe-Fx III Naked Amps TonePack for previous 700+ TonePack purchasers runs out):

From Cooper: "If anyone can name ALL 263 riffs, they'll win a 30 minute Skype guitar or Axe-Fx lesson with me, a Fractal Audio swag pack, Ernie Ball gear pack, and a copy of @austinbuddy's 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack for either the Axe-Fx II or III, which I used to do this video (with a few fx added here and there to the naked amps).

We'll take answers until 9/4/18 at midnight, emailed to info [at] coopercarter.com."

Is there a spreadsheet available for the AX8 version like the one available for the AXE III such as the one below??
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eck04y7hqzlcd7m/AustlnBuddy's 1000+ Naked Amps.xlsx?dl=0
Hi boz52:

Thanks for asking. When you buy the 700+ Naked Amps TonePack, it does come with a .pdf FracTool-generated print out of the preset names, with cab pairings.

I don't share/post that publicly because... that would be telling what amps and cabs to pair, which is part of the work and value that went into it.

The Axe III sheet you reference above by another forum member doesn't do that, it merely tells the up to eight scene names I did for each amp/preset. No Cab info is given. Was nice for Chris to, on his own, do this, it actually helps me when I start expanding that Axe III TonePack even further in future updates.

As far as I know, FracTool can't (yet) extract/list the amp/cab pairings for the 1000+ Naked Amps presets...but maybe will someday, and then I'd include a .pdf copy of version for buyers too.

Back
Top Bottom