700+ Naked Amps TonePack for AX8 Release

Thanks AustinBuddy - can you please advise on this thread when the 700+Naked Amps for the AX8 has been updated for version 10 - I want to buy the pack when it's available for the latest firmware version of the AX8

I'm working on it... we still don't have final release candidate unless RC2 is it... but I've started. Will post here when ready.

Have finished all the AX8 banks except the bonus presets, but going to be away from gear and studio until getting back this coming Sunday.

Appreciate you guys patience. Want to add a few new presets to the bonus section from the new Axe III Tonepack. Pretty sure everything will be ready before August 11th. Thanks!

Thanks for all the great patches! My band went back and changed up all our songs to be a little heavier than before. I used all AustinBuddy tone pack presets as the basis for my tones. Sounding really good now!!

Question... I thought I saw a patch or two that has a fuzz drive pedal in it. Are you going to add any more? Before the AX8 I had a number of fuzz pedals (with my tube amp) that I would use, but have not had much success with the AX8 and fuzz tones.

On the Axe-Fx (but not Ax8). You can switch the input impedance (in the Noise Gate) from Auto to 90k; this helps it work better with fuzz both real and drive blocks, but still there is a buffer between. Cliff wrote abou this somewhere. I am a big fan of using real fuzz pedals before the Axe-Fx but the drive blocks are pretty good... I sprinkle some into the bonus presets and bass ones, plus I think the JTM 45...

Thanks for your patience everyone. THE FIRMWARE 10.0 UPDATE FOR THE 700+ NAKED AMPS TONEPACK FOR THE AX8 IS NOW UP ON MY WEBSITE.

Just login to your user account at www.austinbuddy.com, and you should see the 10.0 version as a download listed, alongside the older versions for 8.02 and 9.02. If you don't have an account, please create one. Then email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com with your email and original purchase date. Give me 72 hours and I will link your new account with your old order manually.

Here is a blog post with all the details about the changes for the firmware 10.0 AX8 version of the TonePack.

Every preset in this update was carefully re-leveled and reworked to work with firmware 10.0. For example, these presets will use SPKR COMP, unlike past presets. The Cleans-Only bank was re-done and re-leveled to work with humbuckers (instead of my Tele neck pickup).

Four new amp models added in 10.0 firmware now have their own new presets in the BONUS (Bank 4) section. There are a few other changes, where I might have re-dialed something in based on something from the 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack I preferred.

Several heavier Mesa Boogie models were re-worked, and they sound better. I also changed a cab here or there, and now Cab Block Lo Cut defaults to 100Hz for most (but not all) amps.

ENJOY!

Thanks for the free update @austinbuddy

I found one problem. I was loading these to my AX8, overwriting the old versions and noticed that bank 48 is missing from the zip file. That bank contains modern amps from MARK IIC+ to THORDENDAHL MODERN.

Am I understanding this correctly, all presets are now setup using a guitar with humbucker pickups? How best to adjust presets to maximize single coil pickups?

Thanks for the free update @austinbuddy

I found one problem. I was loading these to my AX8, overwriting the old versions and noticed that bank 48 is missing from the zip file. That bank contains modern amps from MARK IIC+ to THORDENDAHL MODERN.

Not sure how that happened. Thanks for calling to my attention. I did re-work those presets - they will sound better.

Will Fix and re-upload tonight

Am I understanding this correctly, all presets are now setup using a guitar with humbucker pickups? How best to adjust presets to maximize single coil pickups?

Yes — the non-clean amps were always dialed in on medium humbuckers in versions 9.02 amd 8.02, but I used my Tele neck pickup in 8.02 and 9.02 for the Cleans-only. This time I used the Middle position humbucker and re-worked the cleans-only banks, re-leveled it. Also, the Bonus presets indicate which guitar pickup type.

If you only play single coils, all the presets will work, but may come in slightly under -12db (which is okay, nothing wrong with that). There are two ways to fix that if you want the signal hotter. The first is to raise the input trim from default 1.0 to 1.2 or 1.3 to taste for single coils. The second is to use the MicroBoost pedal at default except with the drive set low to between 2.0 to 3.5 to taste. Either of those will neutrally boost/raise the signal going into the amp and fatten your single coil sound a bit, especially with cleans.

Last edited:
@austinbuddy

While you're at it fixin' things...

The cab is off by default on NoBrownM&Ms. Doesn't sound so good that way...Sounds great with it on tho!

Ha - yes it will better with a Cab "on." Thanks for the catch! I re-did all the Bonus presets last night, not sure how that happened... Sorry about that.

And another duplicate bank 3 copy got caught in the Zip file for Bank 4 - removed that.

All these things are now fixed in the next 15 minutes and you can download again.

If you guys spot others, let me know. It's a one person operation doing 700 presets, so inevitably something may get missed, I do 2 to 3 passes through each preset trying to catch it all.

I would be great if someone who has already downloaded from their account could re-download the Q10.0 AX8 update I just put in. It should fix No Brown M&Ms preset Cab being off, and also add in Bank 2 (Modern) the missing bank 48 with the Mesa-Boogie amps.

Here are screen shots of the presets and what it should look like. Sometimes I find the order for some customers get scrambled in the Ax8-Edit browser window even when you try the re-sort by order added option. This may help, so you see how I set it up on mine.

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 6.37.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 6.38.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 6.38.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 6.38.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 6.38.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 6.38.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 6.38.56 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom