700+ Naked Amps TonePack by AustinBuddy Available NOW!

I really do think you can get 90%+ of all the amps sounds on the market using the 263 modeled amp channels here and good IRs...
I think the issue are to tweak the very amps we got... that’s not a complaint for the contrary...it’s difficult because to much amps and to much cabs... and I think in my case tweak a lot of amps and cabs looks difficult because I’m not a good preset guy... But I love it the Axe Fx... everyday I struggle the very presets and got a little good presets to my taste... But I think to it’s just a question of time to make a good presets with the help of this forum...
In Portugal don’t have many players with the axe fx. I think maybe one more year I just tweak a litlle bit more.
Thank you guys to help me and other people.
Cheers from Portugal.

@austinbuddy the problem I had with the global eq is that, being separate bands you have a resonant frequency that is altered more than everything around it which sounds a bit different than a low-shelf cut. There is a point where it's sort of ok if you cut just enough out of the last 3 bands but one wrong step and you get something of a "thin" sound. Maybe some would call this digital, though the same occurs with graphic eq-s on analog amps. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds more natural to just cut the bass somewhere in the preset parameters (like Veloso said in the cab or maybe even the preamp) than the global graphic. Just that it's a bit of a chore...

Hmmm. Liviu, Not sure I completely agree - cutting two bands at 63 at say -6 or -8 db and also 125 at -2 to -5 db is in effect a low cut filter. If you were doing a concert, the sound guy at the board would probably cut your mic’d amp or Axe-Fx with global Lo Cut of everything under 150 Hz and Hi Cut anything over 7kHz (or even less), and appropriate low/high cuts for different instruments to make everything fits in a slot in the overall mix.

A litte goes a long way and the Global EQ is easier to implement than preset by preset if your playback system is having these issues across the board.

In amp block you can turn down the bass control of course but often/sometimes it is the IR having that strong bass content. Or the output GEQ in the amp block cutting just as above.

Hope some of those techniques work for you!

I’ve been a long time lurker. There is so much information on this board that I haven’t had the need to actually post anything. If I had a question, a little searching usually yields the answer and then some.

I’m still fairly new to all of this but I have a full setup now, Axe Fx II XL+ unit with FRFR, Matrix 1000fx I thought I’d use if I ever wanted to bust out my Mesa 4x12, haven’t needed to yet though, the FRFR is perfect for this application. I’m using a Caparison TAT Special Metal Machine with the Fishman Fluence Killswitch Engage pup, and an ESP Explorer with EMG 81/60.

The presets sound great but I was worried I’d never be able to just build new presets with a certain amp and get a great sound as if I’m auditioning the actual amp. I really wanted to do this with the Mesa Mark IIC++, the Diezel VH4, Bogner Uberschall etc...

The reviews for this Naked Amps pack led me to finally pull the trigger. I gotta say... this is a MANDETORY PURCHASE for all Fractal owners. This needs to be built in. It is just like having the amps right in front of you, they sound so REAL and AUTHENTIC!! I’ve even compared the rectifier presets with the real thing and they are identical. I can never thank you enough for this pack. Worth every penny spent. Can’t reccomend enough, it’s a must buy hands down. I cannot put my axe down, I’m addicted to playing guitar again like it’s all brand new again! I feel like I’m in a digital wonderland where I can finally play every amp ever and have them actually sound like the real thing! Thank you Austin Buddy!

The reviews for this Naked Amps pack led me to finally pull the trigger. I gotta say... this is a MANDATORY PURCHASE for all Fractal owners. This needs to be built in. It is just like having the amps right in front of you, they sound so REAL and AUTHENTIC!! I’ve even compared the rectifier presets with the real thing and they are identical. I can never thank you enough for this pack. Worth every penny spent. Can’t recommend enough, it’s a must buy hands down. I cannot put my axe down, I’m addicted to playing guitar again like it’s all brand new again! I feel like I’m in a digital wonderland where I can finally play every amp ever and have them actually sound like the real thing! Thank you Austin Buddy!

Awww... (blushing here). Seriously DyersEve87 -- players like you are why I do this. Makes my day to hear the happiness exuding out of your and others comments.

I love this black box gift Cliff gave to the world, the world's greatest tones are all in it, locked inside waiting to be sprung - I just want to help players find the tones you love quicker and easier, so you can play inspired. I don't save a tone into a scene or preset unless it inspires me in some way, for some genre of music.

"The democratization of great tone" is what I call it. Thank you so much for your support!

Although this thread is for the Axe-Fx XL/XL+ and Mark II, I could not resist sharing Cooper Carter's awesome demo video featuring an example riff or song snippet using every amp channel modeled in the Axe-Fx III! So proud -- every preset uses a preset/scene from the AustinBuddy 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack!!! Cooper just added his own effects for a few of them.

Check it out here:

Cooper is running a contest until 9/4/2018 (which, as a reminder, is also when the "save20" check-out coupon discount to buy the 1000+ Axe-Fx III Naked Amps TonePack for previous 700+ TonePack purchasers runs out):

From Cooper: "If anyone can name ALL 263 riffs, they'll win a 30 minute Skype guitar or Axe-Fx lesson with me, a Fractal Audio swag pack, Ernie Ball gear pack, and a copy of @austinbuddy's 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack for either the Axe-Fx II or III, which I used to do this video (with a few fx added here and there to the naked amps).

We'll take answers until 9/4/18 at midnight, emailed to info [at] coopercarter.com."

I just got the 700+ Naked amps pack. Trust me to mess up the loading of the presets. o_O I downloaded 8.x, 9.x, and 10.0.1 and only 10.01 shows banks after unpacking, first weird thing - most of the time when I explore folders. And when I try to load a bank with 'browse' tab in Axe-Edit the banks again do not show in the folder tree. I have Fractool but don't yet know how to use it (tried dragging and dropping but it didn't take). What is the best way to get the AFXII loaded with Naked Amps banks? I have Q10.1 on AFXII and latest Axe-Edit.

I just got the 700+ Naked amps pack. Trust me to mess up the loading of the presets. o_O I downloaded 8.x, 9.x, and 10.0.1 and only 10.01 shows banks after unpacking, first weird thing - most of the time when I explore folders. And when I try to load a bank with 'browse' tab in Axe-Edit the banks again do not show in the folder tree. I have Fractool but don't yet know how to use it (tried dragging and dropping but it didn't take). What is the best way to get the AFXII loaded with Naked Amps banks? I have Q10.1 on AFXII and latest Axe-Edit.
Did you unzip the file?

@BillyZeppa

Sometimes that left browser window does not appear when you open the Preset-Manager, and you have to click under "Browser" in upper left and then select/click the Show/Hide option - that toggles the browser window open and close.

Also sometimes the preset order gets scrambled in the browser window from the original order saved in a bank, but they do all show up. You can try using the browser drop down menu option of sorting by original order (versus alphabetical) -- but for some people they just come scrambled.

Last edited:
Just grabbed the pack and these presets sound great. I was never really able to get the Vox models to sound how I hear in my head, but these especially are awesome and I can't wait to use them live.

One question I have is about the preset leveling. Most of the clean amps are very low compared to the others. I thought they were all designed to be within a few db of each other. Am I missing something? I was hoping to use these as a base for redoing my live presets and thought most of the trouble of leveling everything would already be taken care of. Am I missing something or perhaps misunderstanding? Thanks!

One question I have is about the preset leveling. Most of the clean amps are very low compared to the others. I thought they were all designed to be within a few db of each other. Am I missing something? I was hoping to use these as a base for redoing my live presets and thought most of the trouble of leveling everything would already be taken care of. Am I missing something or perhaps misunderstanding? Thanks!
The levels of clean and low=gain tones are highly dependent on your guitar, your pickups and how hard you play. There’s no way to level them perfectly for every player, every guitar, and every playing situation. The tones themselves sound great. All you have to do is turn ‘em up or down as you see fit. :)

The levels of clean and low=gain tones are highly dependent on your guitar, your pickups and how hard you play. There’s no way to level them perfectly for every player, every guitar, and every playing situation. The tones themselves sound great. All you have to do is turn ‘em up or down as you see fit. :)
I do realize that, but many of the cleans seem to be around -20db on the axe output meter, vs being right around 0db for the dirty presets. I'm just wondering why the cleans are so much lower. Now I'm guessing my LP pickups are hotter than the tele pickups used to dial in the cleans, but I didn't think there'd be so much of a volume difference between the cleans tones and dirty tones.

What's the best way to adjust the volumes, the amp output or the trim knob?

Yow. I’ve never experienced a 20 dB difference, even when @austinbuddy ’s presets were in beta and hadn’t been leveled yet. Something else is going on, I think.

If you’re happy with the tone, adjust amp level. If you think the amp should be pushed harder, use trim. 20 dB is pretty radical, though.

I do realize that, but many of the cleans seem to be around -20db on the axe output meter, vs being right around 0db for the dirty presets. I'm just wondering why the cleans are so much lower. Now I'm guessing my LP pickups are hotter than the tele pickups used to dial in the cleans, but I didn't think there'd be so much of a volume difference between the cleans tones and dirty tones.

What's the best way to adjust the volumes, the amp output or the trim knob?

<<EDIT TO MY BELOW POST 2 days after: Eliju fixed issue. Please note, I was mistaken in the below info, I don't use SPKR COMP values more than 0 for the AX8 or Axe-Fx XL/XL+ or Mark II 700+ TonePacks, I only started using SPKR COMP in ARES for the Axe III 1000+ TonePack. So I deleted that part.>>

Something is not right. What specific presets/scenes -- give us some. Also, some clean presets are designed for single coils, preset or scene should say so.

Everything was leveled on my end for 1.x. Cleans will come in slightly under the VU meter depending on a lot of things - they have more transients than gainier amps. Some amps are notorious for transients and can vary a lot on output depending on how hard or soft you play -- like Shiva Clean and Tweed Princeton (Rex noted those in beta tests). But it makes no sense to me that the cleans are 8db lower than the dirty presets, ESPECIALLY if you are using humbuckers for cleans.

Other option...I would use a Drive block MicroBoost set between 2 and 3.5 on cleans to make it sound better and fatten it up. But you can also use the Amp Trim and go to 1.5 or even 2.0 to see if that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
So I took another look and for whatever reason, after powering the unit off then back on, they seem much more even now. This was looking at the the VU meters in the axe btw. I went through most of the models and the VU was around -5 to -6db for most presets. A few were a little quieter at -10db, all done with a medium strum and open chords. So I'm not sure what happened, but when I first had the issue it was right when I loaded the presets in. One thing I did notice when I went through the presets was that all the speaker comp values were at 0 for every preset I checked, maybe half the clean ones. That would be the setting in the Amp Block under the speaker dynamic tab, right? I'll try reloading everything tomorrow and see if that value changes. BTW, it's for an XL, Q10.01.

Thanks for your response. It's much appreciated and these presets are awesome!

So I took another look and for whatever reason, after powering the unit off then back on, they seem much more even now. This was looking at the the VU meters in the axe btw. I went through most of the models and the VU was around -5 to -6db for most presets. A few were a little quieter at -10db, all done with a medium strum and open chords. So I'm not sure what happened, but when I first had the issue it was right when I loaded the presets in. One thing I did notice when I went through the presets was that all the speaker comp values were at 0 for every preset I checked, maybe half the clean ones. That would be the setting in the Amp Block under the speaker dynamic tab, right? I'll try reloading everything tomorrow and see if that value changes. BTW, it's for an XL, Q10.01.

Thanks for your response. It's much appreciated and these presets are awesome!

Ah - That bank is 9.02 or 8.02 if speaker comp is zero.

Make sure your firmware is 10.x and then re-load the preset bank using the Q10.x zip file downloaded from my website after you login.

You can PM me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com

Ah - That bank is 9.02 or 8.02 if speaker comp is zero.

Make sure your firmware is 10.x and then re-load the preset bank using the Q10.x zip file downloaded from my website after you login.

You can PM me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com
I definitely used the 10.01 bank but I’ll do it all over again and let you know if there are any issues. Thanks for your help!

Hi Austin - just come over from another brand modeller to an AX8 ( firmware 10 ) and bought your 700 naked pack to get started ,I shall be using the ax8 for both live band and duo with backing tracks.

The pack is "absolutely marvellous" as we say in England- natural tones which I love.A cut above some other patches I bought at the same time as they sound more real !

2 quick questions - I use a strat with vintage output single coils - please can you link me to guidance on how to set up to get best out of &00 Naked as think you did them mainly with Humbuckers .

Also I will be going direct into pro level digital mixer - what is the best global output setting to get my gain staging correct in relation to the patches and also using external Neunaber Immerse reverb on fx loop for all AX8 reverb duties ?

thanks for your hardwork - just 1 gig with the patches even in a crummy pub will pay for your pack and a modest meal out with my beloved wife

Nick

Hi Austin - just come over from another brand modeller to an AX8 ( firmware 10 ) and bought your 700 naked pack to get started ,I shall be using the ax8 for both live band and duo with backing tracks.

The pack is "absolutely marvellous" as we say in England- natural tones which I love.A cut above some other patches I bought at the same time as they sound more real !

2 quick questions - I use a strat with vintage output single coils - please can you link me to guidance on how to set up to get best out of &00 Naked as think you did them mainly with Humbuckers .

Also I will be going direct into pro level digital mixer - what is the best global output setting to get my gain staging correct in relation to the patches and also using external Neunaber Immerse reverb on fx loop for all AX8 reverb duties ?

thanks for your hardwork - just 1 gig with the patches even in a crummy pub will pay for your pack and a modest meal out with my beloved wife

Nick
ps I will be going in to the digital desk via the analog xlr steroe outputs on the Ax8

thanks

Nick

Back
Top Bottom