700+ Naked Amps TonePack by AustinBuddy Available NOW!

Hello .
Im from Portugal and I want to buy to Axe Fx 2 XL Plus the 700 tones .
That sounds make the Axe Fx 2 XL Plus shine better that some presets of factory?
Anyone can give a opinion about it ?
Thanks everyone.

Ok. I need good presets and AustinBuddy looks got excelent presets... I will buy the 700 Tones for Axe Fx 2 XL Plus.
Thanks for the tip...

Hello everyone!

I am a new owner of a xl+ (hey all) and completely new to this entire world of modelers. I just wanted to ask if there's anywhere a full list of the presets included in this pack, I'm looking for some specific amp models I don't seem to find and would like to know if they are included before I buy a pack.

Also, I'm running firmware 10, will I have any issues if I upload it now on the xl+?

Thank you in advance!

I am a new owner of a xl+ (hey all) and completely new to this entire world of modelers. I just wanted to ask if there's anywhere a full list of the presets included in this pack, I'm looking for some specific amp models I don't seem to find and would like to know if they are included before I buy a pack.

Also, I'm running firmware 10, will I have any issues if I upload it now on the xl+?!

First, welcome!

Second, the downloadable XL user manual will list all the available the amp models. The 700+ Naked Amps TonePack has a preset covering every amp model available in the Fractal, usually two examples (scenes) for each amp... plus some cleans and bonus presets. There is a video here.

Third, yes when you buy you choose what firmware version you want — and the latest 10.x is available.

Wow, thanks for the fast reply.
I see now, so this pack is basically an upgrade to the existing amp models/presets the axe-fx comes loaded with (most of which are kind of dull IMHO).

Is there any chance for me to find a pack with different amps than those already modelled in the xl+? I'm not sure if this topic is the best place to ask but maybe you have what I'm looking for.
I'm interested in more Engl and Orange models (the starting Orange amps are awkwardly exactly the ones I didn't like when trying several at an Orange dealer). Also, no one seems to have bothered modelling Blackstar amps, which are again some of my favourites.

Thanks again, hope you can help.

Wow, thanks for the fast reply.
I see now, so this pack is basically an upgrade to the existing amp models/presets the axe-fx comes loaded with (most of which are kind of dull IMHO).

No, only the firmware provides the amp models. Preset packs usually build on those available models and provide carefully dialed in examples.

And the available amp models are authentic. If you find them dull, check your signal chain and settings. Or try other IRs.

@yek

They are a bit dull since they all seem to have an unnatural amount of low-end which can be dialed out with eq, I'm still trying to find a global workaround so I don't have to manually edit every preset.

But what do you mean the firmware provides the amp models? are you saying you cannot "create" another via the available parameters?
To what limit can you modify a preset amp to sound exactly like another included amp for example?

@yek

They are a bit dull since they all seem to have an unnatural amount of low-end which can be dialed out with eq, I'm still trying to find a global workaround so I don't have to manually edit every preset.

But what do you mean the firmware provides the amp models? are you saying you cannot "create" another via the available parameters?
To what limit can you modify a preset amp to sound exactly like another included amp for example?

The Cab block relies on IRs. IRs capture the sound of a speaker, which is sampled with a mic placed very close. The proximity of the mic translates to a lot of low end, and is completely authentic and normal. The same applies to high end, BTW.

In other words: the sound of an IR is different then listening to a “real” guitar speaker.

This is extensively explained in the wiki. Use Low Cut in the Cab block, or the Global EQ to decrease low end.

Amps: you can tweak existing amp models. And in some cases that gets you close to the sound of amps which haven’t been modeled. You can’t create new amp models.

The Cab block relies on IRs. IRs capture the sound of a speaker, which is sampled with a mic placed very close. The proximity of the mic translates to a lot of low end, and is completely authentic and normal. The same applies to high end, BTW.

In other words: the sound of an IR is different then listening to a “real” guitar speaker.

This is extensively explained in the wiki. Use Low Cut in the Cab block, or the Global EQ to decrease low end.

Amps: you can tweak existing amp models. And in some cases that gets you close to the sound of amps which haven’t been modeled. You can’t create new amp models.
Must tweak the low cut in cab block to achive the best sound? That’s it?

Most impulse responses have been captured "close-miked", and produce a lot of high and low end material. High Cut and Low Cut Frequency in the Cab block (low-pass and high-pass) allow you to EQ this, preventing boomy bass and harsh sounds. Equivalent to using EQ controls on a mixing board, to position the guitar sound in a mix. These are very important parameters. Default value of High Cut is 10 kHz (Quantum 7 and later).

While these parameters appear on the Preamp page on the Axe-Fx III, they still work when the Cab block's preamp simulation is turned off.

Common settings are 80-150 Hz for high-pass (cut bass), and 5-10 kHz for low-pass (cut treble) but YMMV.

The “Filter Slope” parameter selects between first-order (6 dB/octave) and second-order (12 dB/octave) filters for Low Cut and High Cut.

"Using Low Cut in the Cab block is akin to what you would do in the studio to carve out room for the bass player." source""LOWCUT FREQ" in the cab block sets sets the -3dB point of a highpass filter at the output of the cab block." source

Veloso I am now finding for my live use I like Lo Cut set at 150kHz using either ARES on Axe III or Q10 in Axe-Fx XL or my AX8. Stops it from being too boomy. But then again, I'm not playing scooped metal either. ;)

1. The TonePack presets usually have it set to 100kHz but sometimes 125 kHz if a cab IR is especially bassy, like the Uber V30 or the Orange V30. The easiest way just to go the Global EQ and dial out most of 63Hz and half of 125Hz if it's too bassy, and anything above 7.5 kHz if it's too bright.

As usual, Yek is spot-on and I agree with his post above.

Veloso I am now finding for my live use I like Lo Cut set at 150kHz using either ARES on Axe III or Q10 in Axe-Fx XL or my AX8. Stops it from being too boomy. But then again, I'm not playing scooped metal either. ;)

1. The TonePack presets usually have it set to 100kHz but sometimes 125 kHz if a cab IR is especially bassy, like the Uber V30 or the Orange V30. The easiest way just to go the Global EQ and dial out most of 63Hz and half of 125Hz if it's too bassy, and anything above 7.5 kHz if it's too bright.

As usual, Yek is spot-on and I agree with his post above.
Yes normally are to bassy...not too bright...
But I think you are right...

@austinbuddy the problem I had with the global eq is that, being separate bands you have a resonant frequency that is altered more than everything around it which sounds a bit different than a low-shelf cut. There is a point where it's sort of ok if you cut just enough out of the last 3 bands but one wrong step and you get something of a "thin" sound. Maybe some would call this digital, though the same occurs with graphic eq-s on analog amps. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds more natural to just cut the bass somewhere in the preset parameters (like Veloso said in the cab or maybe even the preamp) than the global graphic. Just that it's a bit of a chore...

@yek it's a bit dismaying to hear you're sort of stuck with the starting amps, but maybe I can find a way around it. Anyways, thank you all for the info, I've got some tweaking to do now :)

@yek

why would you want to tweak a ton of parameters to make one amp sound like a different amp when there are over 200 amp models at the turn of the dial ?

You could spend a lot of time and effort and probably get close, as the editing ability is vastly deep, but it’s so much quicker to start out with soemthing in the ballpark of what your after and adjust from there

Just some housekeeping:

A reminder that the 10.0 firmware versions for the Axe-Fx XL+, XL, and Mark II 700+ Naked Amps TonePack are available for download for past customers now.

Have gone through the database and as of 2:00 PM CST today linked any recent accounts created after original orders were placed. You should be able to login to your account and see versions for 8.02, 9.02 and 10.0 all available to you to download.

If you login and don't see anything, then make sure the email in your account created is the same one you used when you bought the TonePack.

If you can't login, then you need to create an account/login/password. I will then go back and manually attach your old order to the new account.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. It's 100+ degrees here in Austin -- so I will be in my studio playing guitar all weekend! :)

Back
Top Bottom