700+ Naked Amps TonePack by AustinBuddy Available NOW!

The updated Q.10.01 version of the Mark II 700+ Naked Amps TonePack is now available.

This version includes the ability to use some of the XL/AX8 Factory Cabs that run from 133 to 189 in those units and map them to Mark II version of 700+ Naked Amps presets by installing them into your USER Cabs. Documentation has been updated showing you what Cab substitutions were made from XL to Mark II. Also, the Cleans-Only bank has been updated for humbuckers in terms of leveling (see README notes) and the three new amps added in Q10.01 can be found in the updated Cleans-Only bank.

If you purchased a Mark II TonePack version before, simply log into your account created at AustinBuddy, and the updated 10.01 should appear in your downloads area.

If you did not create an account, you can still do so (please use same email you made original order under) but I have to manually link your new account to your past order so allow 48-72 hours to process. \

No account? You'll have to email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com and I will regenerate a download link for you for 10.01. Please include your original order info -- email, invoice # and date to help speed up order location.

EDIT: there was a glitch from May 24-25 where banks were missing from the Mark II Q 10.01 zip file; but as of Midnight May 26th (US CST time). Also the banks in the Mark II file before I left for vacation were be in XL format (but were formatted for a Mark II in terms of the Cabs used); they need a FracTool conversion to run if you have those and can't wait until June 2. I am trying to get this fixed remotely and will post about it if solved.

If you download during this window from the website but find the bank files will not load, simply use FracTool to change them into Mark II format and they will load fine. Will fix this for sure by June 2nd when I get back to the United States mainland and my machines, if not sooner.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
You rock. Thanks for updating and adding the xl/ax8 cabs. I’m going to have to dive back in.

The updated Q.10.01 version of the Mark II 700+ Naked Amps TonePack is now available.

This version includes the ability to use some of the XL/AX8 Factory Cabs that run from 133 to 189 in those units and map them to Mark II version of 700+ Naked Amps presets by installing them into your USER Cabs. Documentation has been updated showing you what Cab substitutions were made from XL to Mark II. Also, the Cleans-Only bank has been updated for humbuckers in terms of leveling (see README notes) and the three new amps added in Q10.01 can be found in the updated Cleans-Only bank.

If you purchased a Mark II TonePack version before, simply log into your account created at AustinBuddy, and the updated 10.01 should appear in your downloads area.

If you did not create an account, you can still do so (please use same email you made original order under) but I have to manually link your new account to your past order so allow 48-72 hours to process. \

No account? You'll have to email me at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com and I will regenerate a download link for you for 10.01. Please include your original order info -- email, invoice # and date to help speed up order location.

EDIT: there was a glitch from May 24-25 where banks were missing from the Mark II Q 10.01 zip file; but as of Midnight May 26th (US CST time). Also the banks in the Mark II file before I left for vacation were be in XL format (but were formatted for a Mark II in terms of the Cabs used); they need a FracTool conversion to run if you have those and can't wait until June 2. I am trying to get this fixed remotely and will post about it if solved.

If you download during this window from the website but find the bank files will not load, simply use FracTool to change them into Mark II format and they will load fine. Will fix this for sure by June 2nd when I get back to the United States mainland and my machines, if not sooner.

Enjoy!

Okay, fixed the download for Mark II to be in Mark II format (not XL), so if your login it should be good to go.

Check out the updated READMEs, including the one on preset names/cab names for Mark II cab substitutions.

For the 10.01 version, you now can manually map back to XL version partially (not for all) if you load some of the provided XL-only cabs into your User Cabs and then point presets to those using the sheet as a guide and save.

Last edited:
I am very interested in those, I have just one question:
I am currently still on the Axe Fx II (original), but have intended to upgrade to the Axe Fx III once finances allow (should be in a few months). If I buy the pack for the II, do I have to buy the pack again for the III at full price, or is there a free or discounted upgrade option?

I am very interested in those, I have just one question:
I am currently still on the Axe Fx II (original), but have intended to upgrade to the Axe Fx III once finances allow (should be in a few months). If I buy the pack for the II, do I have to buy the pack again for the III at full price, or is there a free or discounted upgrade option?

Hold off and buy it later for the Axe III. There will be more presets in new version and re-worked for that firmware. Presets converted from Quantum to Ares firmware will not sound precisely as designed.

I hope to have the Axe III 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack available by the middle to end of next week. It’s all about the Cab matching now and hopefully getting a preset manager in Axe Edit III to speed up the process. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hold off and buy it latert for the Axe III. They will be more presets in new versio. and re-worked for that firmware. Presets converted from Quantum to Ares firmware will not sound precisely as designed.

I hope to have the Axe III 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack available by the middle to end of next week. It’s all about the Cab matching now and hopefully getting a preset manager in Axe Edit III to speed up the process. Thanks!

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Although, after looking into it a bit, it is really difficult to restrain myself from buying now, lol. I simply love the idea of having a "default preset" for every single model, if you search the forum you will actually find that I ever did that exercise myself and uploaded them here for the community. However, mine were much less elaborate than yours - I only matched amp and cab at default settings, I did neither have the second effects loop output block, nor dial in any amp settings, or even different scenes, nor did I add tremolo or reverb where the originals had it. Also just naming the patches after the model and keeping them in alphabetical order as they appear in the amp block menu. Having done this and knowing how long it took me, I appreciate your much more detailed work for this pack all the more and am very much looking forward to getting it in due time for the III. Thanks for the awesome product!

@austinbuddy So I just bought this yesterday and first off, I wanna say that they sound great. However, I have a couple of questtions.

Some of the clean presets seem very, and I mean very quiet. The volume across most presets is fine but on some of the clean ones the VU meter barely even moves when playing. I have to max out the volume on my interface to be able to hear anything.

My last question is purely out of curiosty, why did you choose for some presets to have normal res cabs and for others to have ultra res?

Again, they sound fantastic. I've never been a Bogner fan but you seem to have dialed them in great!

perhaps your rig could use a bit of gain stage adjustment to give yourself more headroom..? you may also try bumping up the
amp LEVEL control of the clean presets you feel are too quiet.....and I don't think AB will mind if I answer the cab question for him...he simply used the stock amp/cab combinations HE felt worked best together, regardless of resolution.....enjoy these like so many of us do!!
@austinbuddy So I just bought this yesterday and first off, I wanna say that they sound great. However, I have a couple of questtions.

Some of the clean presets seem very, and I mean very quiet. The volume across most presets is fine but on some of the clean ones the VU meter barely even moves when playing. I have to max out the volume on my interface to be able to hear anything.

My last question is purely out of curiosty, why did you choose for some presets to have normal res cabs and for others to have ultra res?

Again, they sound fantastic. I've never been a Bogner fan but you seem to have dialed them in great!

Levels can be highly dependent on your guitar. With my Tele, there’s a significant discrepancy in some of the preset levels. With an LP, the levels are very close to each other.

Levels can be highly dependent on your guitar. With my Tele, there’s a significant discrepancy in some of the preset levels. With an LP, the levels are very close to each other.

This seems to be it. Thanks for that. I have two guitars, one with single coils and one with fairly hot humbuckers and the preset levels are certainly closer eachother when I use the HH guitar. Still seems to be a bit of variation so I might tweak the levels of the quiet presets slightly if I use those live.

Thanks for the help, I'm really enjoying the pack. Loads of amps that I thought I hated, I now love.

This seems to be it. Thanks for that. I have two guitars, one with single coils and one with fairly hot humbuckers and the preset levels are certainly closer eachother when I use the HH guitar. Still seems to be a bit of variation so I might tweak the levels of the quiet presets slightly if I use those live.

Thanks for the help, I'm really enjoying the pack. Loads of amps that I thought I hated, I now love.

Everything except the Cleans Only bank were dialed in with humbuckers. The cleans bank was dialed in on my neck Tele pickup. Those will be lower softer but loud and can clip with humbuckers (the Shiva clean is good example). Some amps are VERY sensitive to picks strength in terms of output level, others don’t vary much.

If a signal is weak with single coils, just add the MXR Micro boost at neutral and set the level to between 2.5 and 3.5. Other people use the amp tr set to 1.3. That will fatten up a sound for single coils. In fact I think the cleans-only all sound better with that boost or a mild RC boost. I’d usee that when playing a Stratbor Tele anyway.

On the IRs — i tried a LOT and use what sounds best. For some amps the only IR that fits the amp in the Factory presets is non-Ultra Res. Manynof the presets can sound even better with third party IRs so if you find amps you really love, look into IR packa with more options for that amp’s speaker.

Enjoy! Making the 1000+ Axe III Naked Amps TonePack version has been kicking my butt 24-7 the last 7 days but is almost ready. Lots more can choices and sounds per specific amp. Gonna be amazing!!!

FWIW, these presets were leveled by AB using his Zappa Roxy SG with not too hot humbuckers...
They are medium output humbuckers... not as PAF (lower output with more clairity) as most of my other guitars.. but they mostly translate very well across so many players and guitars who buy the pack. They also have a single coil setting i use too for setting levels at times.

Awesome guitars. I’d buy a second one if I could find one. Dweezil Zappa gave me this one! He has a sustainiac in his now and a piezo.

Brad knows — because he has one too!

Everything except the Cleans Only bank were dialed in with humbuckers. The cleans bank was dialed in on my neck Tele pickup. Those will be lower softer but loud and can clip with humbuckers (the Shiva clean is good example). Some amps are VERY sensitive to picks strength in terms of output level, others don’t vary much.

If a signal is weak with single coils, just add the MXR Micro boost at neutral and set the level to between 2.5 and 3.5. Other people use the amp tr set to 1.3. That will fatten up a sound for single coils. In fact I think the cleans-only all sound better with that boost or a mild RC boost. I’d usee that when playing a Stratbor Tele anyway.

On the IRs — i tried a LOT and use what sounds best. For some amps the only IR that fits the amp in the Factory presets is non-Ultra Res. Manynof the presets can sound even better with third party IRs so if you find amps you really love, look into IR packa with more options for that amp’s speaker.

Enjoy! Making the 1000+ Axe III Naked Amps TonePack version has been kicking my butt 24-7 the last 7 days but is almost ready. Lots more can choices and sounds per specific amp. Gonna be amazing!!!

PS - for the Axe-Fx versions and 10.01 firmware update, just for CLeans Only, I did re-dial all the cleans in with humbuckers, not the Tele. So they changed.

Are you releasing one for the axefx 3 anytime soon. Very interested
YES - probably later this weekend!

My beta testers LOVE it.

Will be bigger and expanded, redone just for the III — over 1000+ Unique sounds!

Stay tuned! Watch the Axe III Preset section....

Back
Top Bottom